1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Drill out Baffles vs New Pipes for a Honda VLX

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by after7, Jul 4, 2004.

1. after7

after7 New Member

Greetings to all , hope you all had a fun & safe 4th of July. Now I have a newbie question that might sound a bit unusual I want a little more noise than my stock pipes give but I dont want the loud wake the neighborhood type sound either. I have been told to maybe drill the baffles and see how that sounds before spending the $$ so I guess I wanted an informed opinion any thoughts?? and also is any rejeting neccessary if I drill the baffles? Thanks !
  2. fatboyvtwin

fatboyvtwin New Member

The holes that you plan on drilling in the exhaust will not require any changes to the fuel system what so ever. The thing to keep in mind is all bikes require some back pressure, so I wouldn't really go crazy with a 1 inch drill bit. Punch a few small holes probably 3,,,,5/8 holes in the end (now this (5/8) size hole can be upgraded to downsized depending on the diameter of your end pipes). The time you have to worry about really re-jetting the carb is when you upgrade the air flow system. Ride Safe David.