1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Drive Belt

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Lucifer, Oct 11, 2013.

1. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Helps keep the bugs out LOL. Don't know of anything that's maintenance free on my sled.
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

It's not the cleve blocks in mine ...It's a spherical bearing HD# 9208 with spacers,I think Harley went to them in '02.. They're like the bottom pic in this....
    http://www.customcycleengineering.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=192

Front mount is a good idea,thanks...I think it's due,original on there now...

Front mount, rubber isolators and primary O ring and check the rest,hopefully I can get it done and get a little more riding in for this season....
  3. joshbob

By spherical bearing, they mean ball bearing instead of bushing, right?
  4. Lucifer

5. joshbob

That's not at all what I thought they looked like. Now those are cool and have to be far better than a bushing.
  6. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

I wonder what would happen if you replaced those bushings with actual sealed ball or needle bearings...... Any one ever try that?
  7. Lucifer

Nothing wrong with the stock 02-up set up with those bearings...lined up and torqued down they're fine...Cop king is the most stable bike I've ridden,that's why I don't really want to mess with it,replace the 11 yr old rubber mounts, front and rear,new belt...liner her up,torque it down...good to go:D...well except for a set of mono tubes for the front end ;)and better front brakes....and fix the leak in the stator plug...and new shifter bushings and drill a zerk in the primary like they use to have....then I'm good to go... lol
  8. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

I replaced the springs in the front fork with Progressive monotube and love the difference. Handles as good as my Dyna and added a softer ride over small bumps. I have the Brembo brakes and can't imagine anything better there. Never understood what some folks said about FL's poor (??) handling--even compared to other sport touring bikes. I can easily lose them on a curvy mountain road, then I have to listen to their lame excuses why they backed off. Ha!