1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dropped a tiny washer when cleaning carb ...

Discussion in 'Other CV Performance products' started by 96roadking, Jan 20, 2014.

1. 96roadking

96roadking Member

Hi.

I bought a complete tuners kit, rebuild kit and idle screw set up from CV Performance and was cleaning by CV40 carb (off an Evo 96 FLHR).

Yup ... I did the dumb thing and let a tiny, what looks like stainless steel washer drop out when the cleaning carb. It's about the same size as the 92093 o-rings.

Can any psychic ... or experienced tech ... tell me where it belongs as I guess this is a typical thing to do!

Does it go above the idle jet adjuster (16014), e.g. in the order 'adjuster ... spring ... o ring ... washer'.

* BTW, could I have permission to add URLs as I am obviously *not* a spammer and I cannot wait a year to solve this question!?!

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

from the looks of it I'll say in the 16014 area , glad you put the brake down up made it easier for me any how
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I agree it is probably the stainless steel washer in section 16014 of that exploded view. The picture is not a Harley CV40 (looks like a CVK32) but that section of the mixture screw is common across all Keihin CV style carburetors. The stainless steel washer fits between the o-ring and spring and protects that o-ring from cutting on the ground edge of the spring. The 3 pieces make up the Mixture Packing Kit found here.