1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dunlop Elite III's

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by sarge7, Jan 28, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Do they not look O.K. ?

I have a hard time see'n small pictures.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

No, can't see the whole thing. :) My little 10 inch screen is to small even with the scroll bar. Every time I have tried posting a picture that is to large it won't allow it, how do you do that.
  3. cardboard

Sorry.
    10" is a very small screen.

I have a notebook computer with a 17" screen,
    It looks perfect to me.
    I've posted these pictures everywhere for 2 yrs and this is the 1st time I have had anybody to say it was too big.
  4. FLHTbiker

Glad you like the Metz, I tried em once and my rear tire blew out at 7500 miles leaving me stranded in no where's ville. I mean the tire just shredded. When we left on our trip I had checked the tread and there was plenty there. Did not pull a trailer or even ride two up. I had to find a U-haul truck. Went back to Dunlops and have stayed with them with great success. I really liked the Elite II tire I had to.
    The new Dunlop fat tire on my 09 is really getting great mileage. Got over 10,000 on it and it still has plenty of tread left.
  5. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

I won't disagree with Chuck on much of anything,(Chuck is the MAN) but if they gottem in your size, try the Michellin tires. I got 9000 on mine and I love em. No noise, and to my thinkin, great in the wet, and thats with the skinny front tire on the wide glide. My buddy who wears out two sets a year went to the Michelins from running Metzlers forever and loves em too. And thats on his scoot and his wifes too.

Just sayin. Your mileage may vary.
  6. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I've got E III"s on the cop king....put 12,000 miles on em last summer, they handle real good in all weather, I was impressed with the wet weather handling... it rained here practically all summer...40 straight days at one point(thought I was going to have to build an arc,LOL) no noise from them.
    I'll be using them again when this set wears out.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  7. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

I'm running E-II's on mine now and like them - but they do like to folloe the tar lines and as long as your aware of this problem you can correct for it.
    But I think my next change out will be to the E-III's
  8. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

9. FLHTbiker

I'm needing a set of tires for the springer and the current ones are whitewalls. The bike just looks to good with those whitewalls to put anything else on them. I to wished Dunlop EIII came in a whitewall. Don't want to run the Metz after my last incident with them. Who else has a wide whitewall with good handling and deep tread?
  10. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Dunlop has the 402 in wide white wall and yes that is the only look for your Springer (they are known for causing carpal tunnel - scrubbing) I know Coker makes wide WW's but only seen custom old sizes from them.
  11. FLHTbiker

I will probably stick with the Dunlop tire. I see where Continental has a white wall to but don't know anything about them?
  12. cardboard

Think we ordered a large white wall for a dudes bike when I was at a Indy shop a couple years ago.
    If I remember right it was a Dunlop.
    The HD dealers has a Drag book that they will look in for you and order you whatever you want.
    Same as the Indy shops.
    That's where they git the Metz tires and Avon from as well as dunlop and other tires.
  13. cardboard

14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

b pearl that was Waylon jenning who sang the song
    cardboard I do run the 880 met's on my ride front 's been there for about 3 years now back has about 10k & still going good The last met's I had on the rear got 15K on it when I took in off ,& I for got I had to plug it at about 500 miles
    So witch is better E 11 or E111 ?
  15. cardboard

Yer bike probaly don't push the HP that my bike pushs out.
    If it did you wouldn't be gittin the milage that you do.

And you can probaly control yer right hand.
    My hand looses control and I like to wind her up every chance I can git.

I got a motorcycle to have fun with.:D
    Not to see if I can git 20,000 miles out of a set of tires.
    And 60 mpg out of gas.
    I got one to ride the heck out of.
    Ride it like you stole it.

I even see Old Redneck Chuck Twistin on his throttle every now and then sice he put the Andrew 26 cams in it.:rolleyes:
  16. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

avon....venomX.....shinko....maxxis....
  17. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep except for the pipes & PC3 & SE air cleaner it's a stock 88 TC , But it will pull the front wheel off the ground quote well & threw the gears as well :D & texas road glide seen just how well the old bagger will smokem up :D