1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dyna Beads?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by more power, May 8, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

:roflmao:
  2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I wonder if I call them dyna BALLS the auto curse word thingy will change it? I think the beads are a better alternative than the Balance Masters on a bike wheel cause you don't see um.
  3. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

Not only does it automaticlly change curse words, it changed the web address from what I wrote to "tire balancing products".
    Leo
  4. joshbob

Looked it up. I'm gonna get some.
  5. fxdxriderleo

When you get them do a few tests. Ride it before you install them, paying real close attention to the front wheel and how it feels. Next remove any wheel wieghts, ride again, now put in the Dyna beads and ride it. compare all three rides and see how the differnet test rides feel.
    Which way feels best?
    Once your done on the front do the same with the rear.
    With both done what feels best?
    Leo
  6. joshbob

I'll ride with the weights on for a while and then switch to the beads. I don't feel comfortable about riding with no weights at all. Shimmy shimmy ko ko bop.
  7. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Why not just have yer tires balanced.............:cussing:
  8. joshbob

They are. But as the tires wear the balance shifts. Apparently with the beads they shift with tire wear. As I understand it, that results in longer lasting tires and they always stay in balance. At least, that's what the manufacturer claims. Much of modern technology turns me off, but I think this is something worthwhile and inexpensive to boot.
  9. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I run Dyna beads and like 'em. The best thing is that ya don't have to have those stupid lead weights attached to your wheels - those same stupid weights that can fall off and put you right out of balance, or that mess up the clean look of expensive wheels. I've only been running them for less than 10K miles, so I can't pass reuse details, but I am pleased so far.
  10. JohnnyBiker

I am assuming then that you can't use those with tube wheels?
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

may be a pain tryin to stuff em in the valve stem hole....................just sayin......
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

an't the valve stem hole the same size on tubes and tubeless?
    I'd worry on a tube about them rolling around and wearing the tube from the inside out
  13. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

so if you balance the tires
    and the tires ARE properly balanced

wouldn't the beads unbalance the tire?

requiring more beads, or more weight
    to offset the weight of the beads
    which unbalanced the balanced tire?
  14. fxdxriderleo

The beads fit fine through the valve stem. The kit comes with a bottle and a clear hose for installing them. They work in tube or tubeless tires. They won't wear the tube or tire. They only roll around in the tire when at less than walking speed, Any faster and they distribute around the tire and stay where they need to be. This happens very quickly.
    If you look on the site they have install tips. On a tubless tire you just put the pouch inside the tire when mounting. The bag disintigrates when the tire rotates. If the tire is already mounted just put them in through the valve stem.
    You can leave the balance weights on the wheel if you want, but why? Remove the weights when you install the beads.
    I like them. Easy to use, cheap and reusable. And mostly they work.
    Leo
  15. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

If the tire is already balanced, the beads WILL NOT unbalance them. But once they are in, you can pull those stupid looking weights off and it will still be balanced.
  16. Knoxie89

Knoxie89 New Member

The thing I wonder about is how do the beads stay in the "Light" spot of a tire. Everywhere I look the explanation on how the beads work says that they sit in the "low" spot. What if the low spot on you tire is the heavy spot on your rim? Then you wouldn't want the weight of the beads to sit there on the tire.
  17. JohnnyBiker

It is called inertia....
  18. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

what if a gal on the side of the road flashes her hooters at ya
    will your tire jump off the wheel and go around her neck as the beads
    look for the proper spot, and we know that nekkid titties attract beads...:roflmao:
  19. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Years ago I used to use a liquid tire balancer and sealer. I wish I could remember the name of it. It worked GREAT. I would change my own tires both tube and tubless, I would coarse balance them on the axle in a stand. Then I would pump in the fluid. Never had a problem with out of balance in all types of weather. I believe the beads would work fine. I also believe I would probably break my neck when I remove the tire with the beads in them and they spill onto the garage floor. I'd breakdance to the floor on my head!
  20. stokes

stokes New Member

I put them in tires that were recently installed and balanced.I didnt expect any improvement/difference but was amazed at the glass smooth ride after putting them in.As your tires wear they need to be re-balanced but with the dyna beads they balance themselves.They fall to the bottom of the tire when stopped but as soon as the tire starts to roll,they redistribute immediately.According to the instructions you should remove any external weights.I plan to put them in my two cages as well.