1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dyna Beads?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by more power, May 8, 2011.

1. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Your tires will wear more evenly and last longer too. Heck, I've got over 18,000 miles on the back tire and maybe 20,000 on the front. Not a bad thing to say about them....they work as advertised.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

what a set of these beads run for both tires , thinking I'll try some in both tires
  3. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

I got them from Competition Accessories for $15 (both tires) + aplication bottle $5 (inserts them through the valve stem), + shipping. A little more money than lead weights, but a lot purdier.
  4. cowboy

Thanks Alex I'll check into them , I know a guy In Alb who has run them & said he's had them in two set's of tires so I guess you can save them ,
  5. aeroloose

aeroloose New Member

I really like the Dyna Beads because they allowed Me to remove the weights from My P.M. wheels and the low speed handling improved so much that I would never, not have them on board. I just ordered a 4 oz. kit for my new FXDSE2 and it comes with an applicator bottle and hose that allows You to install them right thru the valve stem. The inside of Your tire has to be dry and clean to get the best effect from them so if You have older tires that have been filled from tired old oil type compressors You might ought to dis-mount and clean them first. The other Great benefit of running the beads is Greatly improved tire wear. On my last Bike, a 2001 FXDWG2, I got 12,000 miles on My 1st set of Dunlop Elite IIs and when I installed the new set of IIIs I put 1.5 oz. in the front and 2 oz. in the rear and had put 27,500 on them when I sold the bike to My Best Friend last Year and they are still in Great shape. He and His Wife were really shocked about the effortless handling of that Bike compared to their previous Bike. I'm sold on them and it only costs 20 bucks and change for enough to do both tires.
  6. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

The last sets I bought were 1 oz front, 2 oz rear. The bottle works well to put them in through the valve stem, just take the short hose that comes with the kit to the hardware store and get a foot or so of the same size clear hose to use instead. Makes it easier to install.
    Just checked and at DynaBeads the price has gone up a bit since I got mine, the 1 oz, 2 oz kits are $14.40 now, I got mine a few years back at $12.40.
    Once you have the kit you can just buy the Dyna Beads in 1 to 20 oz bags. The 1 oz bag is $3.95, 2 oz bags $6.95.
    Have to add shipping, but still a great deal.
    I have them in my bikes and my van tires. Will never use anything else again.
    Leo
  7. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

now that my friends was priceless !!!!!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::D
  8. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I am not a dyna beads fan
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

You ever try em
  10. aeroloose

aeroloose New Member

It seems the older We get, the more resistant to change We are. That causes Folks to miss out on a better way of doing things simply because Their way has never failed them. Remember... Just because it aint Broke doesn't mean it can't be made Better, not fixed, just Better. That's how the infernal combustion engine and everything else a Good Mechanic depends on was invented in the first place, by trying something new.
  11. cowboy

OK cardboard , if it ain't a eye phone or woods cam it hight tech enough for you , I said above I know a guy who uses these & said they work great simple & easy to use & reuse , but I guess it does'net cost a pocket full of money like the T max you wont use them
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Look a new guy and he already knows CB. :roflmao:
  13. cowboy

Yep looks like he went back & read some post & seen CB's work lmao
  14. cardboard

Seem em in tires I've tsken off rims
  15. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Woods like them
    says they smooth out the rough idle
    from the tw-6H cams... :roflmao:
  16. cardboard

To Mama
  17. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

Cardboard, I haven't changed a tire with them in there yet. What did you find? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Leo
  18. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Black Gumbo :roflmao:
  19. cardboard

Buildup inside the wheel.
    It effected us when we had to try to balance a wheel and tire.
    Have to clean stuff a lot more.
    I like Stick on Weights.
  20. aeroloose

aeroloose New Member

It's really important to put those beads in a clean tire to keep them rolling freely. If You're adding them to older tires that have been inflated with air from an old oil cooled compressor that has oily moisture mixed with the air, You've got to dismount them and clean them up and find a clean air source (nitrogen is best) to re-inflate them or You will wind up with clods of that "Black Gumbo" that FLHTbiker was talking about. That would make for a Bumpy ride and serious "cupping" and abnormal wear patterns to say the least. My new/used 2008 FXDSE2 had 599 miles on it when I got last month so even though I'm pretty sure that the MOCO filled the case with Screaming Eagle Synthetic oil I'm not taking any chances and I'm draining all the fluids and going back with Amsoil so I'll know for sure what's onboard and installing the dyna beads gives me the excuse to inspect the inside of My tires so that'll be another thing I can be sure of on this used Bike, It's All Good.