1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dyna Beads?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by more power, May 8, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

They was in tires that had been run. And the Indy shop don't jack with nitrogen.
    They replace and balance tires.
    It you like Dyna Beads you use it.
    I will say again. I don't care to substitute balancing a tire by using dyna beads.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

They work good man, yea otta try em.:roflmao:
  3. eieio4tn

eieio4tn Active Member

an yo wheels is sooo much better lookin too.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea you get that nice and clean look:D
  5. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

So looked at the website. Some of the applications talked about using filtered valve core and some did not. Is that necessary?
  6. aeroloose

aeroloose New Member

I've never used the filtered valve stems in My tires and have never had a problem. I do remember reading that You would need them with some pressure sensing systems that operate in conjuction with the valves to reduce the chance of getting a bead stuck in the mechanisim.
  7. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

On the bikes I have them in the regualr valves worked fine. In my van I had to use the filtered valves.
    When I ordered them for the van I got the filtered valves, Glad I did. Got the tires on, beads in, new valve stems with regular valves, Aired them up no problem. Checked the pressure a the next day and it seems the beads plugged the valves. I checked them and the valves stuck open, tires went flat. Replaced the regular with the filtered valves and been good since.
    Don't know why but if they suggest using the filtered valves in some applications then use them in those applications.
    Cardboard, then the crud inside and on the wheel is pretty much the same as any tire then. Good to know.
    Leo