1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dynas

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by baggerpaul, Feb 1, 2013.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Yea I worked on a buddys wide glide and made the mistake of riding it home . I fell in love with the way it rode best of both worlds smaller bike and a rubber mounted big twin .does handle well . I like it a lot. Gonna build a nice lower compression big inch motor for it stick to 190 ccp . I can get away with that and a 117.ci it will run great and not buzz the **** out my arms and feet and be fun street and strip.
  2. baggerpaul

Well got some color on the tins boys !
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Nice...Ya picked the fastest color too!lol....
  4. baggerpaul

actual color is black emerald green metallic pearl . very nice lots of flip flop cant really see it in the florescent light looks awesome in the sun. thanks for the props canuk!
  5. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

I like those PM wheels.... kinda like the stock 07 up Dyna wheels. I think I'm gonna send mine off to get chrome plated.
  6. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Gonna be one good looking ride, and most people will only see the taillight.:devil:
  7. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

:cool: My box of crayons only had 8 in 'em...:roflmao:lotsa bling on her too...Think I've seen a Camero or two with a color like that...snap some pics outside:)
  8. baggerpaul

2013 porsche audi vw black emerald . Very close to the chevy ! Had that spray out next to it! What made it bad ass. Was the last coat of clear I mix some of the. Base coat into it makes the pearl and mettalic come up to the surface . That ppg 2021 clear ain't no joke ! That is some nice clear too shoot
  9. alex the dog

Paul, did you do the paint yourself?
  10. baggerpaul

yep my body guy did all the prep work . got to give him the props cause as yo well know alex the motor company does a great job of putting on a crap load of paint and stripes on under all that clear so he took it down to bare metal sealed up all that bare metal two coats of slick sand two part primer sealer and wet sanded all the slick seal down . I put 17 thin coats of base on sanded them down . and then shot a good wet coat of base . let it flash off and laid down the wet coats of clear with 15 min flash offs with retarder mixed in its super hot down here right know . so I did not want it to harden up on me . its nice a deep paint it looks wet I have not even need to buff it no dirt in the paint and no orange peel at all that ppg 2021 is the best clear I have ever shot.
  11. alex the dog

You did it the right way--wet on wet after flashing. H-D uses powder coating for the final clear coat. That's why paint looks so deep.

Biggest problem anyone without a clean room has is dust. Any dust will show up as nubs, but sanding takes care of that I guess. Did you use a pro spray booth? I've been thinking of adding some color to my bike, and who to take it to.
  12. baggerpaul

Got to tell ya alex look up colorama . For the price ya can't beat it. And its a two week turn around! I did this in a day and a half but the body guy works for us full time out of his shop so for me it was a no brainer but the materials were super expensive for what I shot. Just under 700 bucks my cost. For 600 I could have gotten the colorama set . But they did not have this color and I really wanted to paint my bike also.
  13. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That is a BADASS ride Paulie! Good Job!!
  14. baggerpaul

Thanks bud I really like having a small bike to throw around . Its a lot of fun to ride and so smooth compaired to my softtail I had . I love the rubber mounted motor its like riding a super light bagger I can't even feel it run on the highway . I swear this thing has cams in it it pulls so hard from second gear . Or some one gear it it does have a matching pm pulley that matcches the wheels and rotors I should count them lol.
  15. JohnnyBiker

Yep, that is why I like my Sportster, fun to get on and just go crazy in the corners. :D
  16. baggerpaul

I am surprized that with the wideglide front end it handles so well it does have fork braces on it . Maybe that helps some . I love the mini apes also makes me feel more stretch out with the forward controls also very nice ride today . I was not hurting at all on that bike rode the bike for two hundred miles today only thing I miss was my tunes. Runs great then again its only got 4.000 miles on it lol
  17. JohnnyBiker

My speakers are so fried that it isn't funny. Hey, you rode mine with 16" apes on it. I remember you commenting on comfy they are. Nice ride. 200 miles hell yes. I just had to put a helicoil in the Sportster last night.
  18. baggerpaul

Heli coil in what? Bud
  19. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

darn BP that WG LOOKS GOOD :cool: so how do you like the badlander seat ? My son had one on his wide glide was great up front , but not one lady on back liked it at all
  20. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

JB I have a brand new set of Polk 651 db slims
    in the box I didn't use for my older RK, don't mind the
    grills in the picture you won't use them they will mount
    inside the fairing.

Get another set and run the rear speaker leads from the radio
    to them and you open up two holes inside the fairing next to the
    center under the glove boxes the S models fit and it will rock

You will need an amp to change the ohm to run the non HD
    1 ohm speakers but it will flat fix your sound issue with the pipes LOL

rockford fosgate makes the amp go to www.baggernation.com products, sound. scroll down

[​IMG]

Get a set of 6.5 inch adapters for the RK from
    JP, Dragonfly, Yaffee, they all sell them for $40
    and you can mount the bigger speakers to the stock
    position.

Speaker Pods from Dragonfly Cycle Concepts - Harley Davidson Road King, Electra Glide, Road Glide motorcycles, and accessories for your bike

[​IMG]