1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

EFI

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 18, 2015.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with Dan Thayer and had a wonderful conversation with him. GREAT DUDE! He is putting together a quote for me but have me a really good idea of what it is going to cost. After talking with with him, I am going to go with the Power Vision with Auto tune. We even discussed exhaust systems. The quote that I got from him will include even the throttle body with ALL NECESSARY equipment to run. Basically just plug and play.
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

:cool: Gotta love those last 3 words:D
  3. JohnnyBiker

It's not going to be cheap, but Dan's reputation is worth it. Yep, the wifey likes those last three words too. :cool:
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

No such thing
  5. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Well bud it may be plug and play .but you must build the map I'm sure he will give you a starter map install but the auto tune will confirm your ve table .what happens with the power vision when set on auto tune it will set the af ratio to 13.2 across the board. Dependent on the running constants program it will build a ve table and the ve boxes will then begin to be filled dependant of what load your in and tp position when they are all hit or most of them .then you just reload those into the power vision and your original af table back in .it does not stay at 13.2 it just uses that af while tuning and building the map no one wants to be that rich all the time .it just keeps the motor safe during tunning.
  6. baggerpaul

Just like se tunner and the tts .except that the second will only allow you to do it just below lamda 1.closer to 14.3.on the closed loop bikes .I can manually take it to 13.2 on the dyno but I can not smart tune on the street in closed loop narrow band .any lower than 14.3 .that is one reason I like wide band tunning on the street .it's what you use to confirm your tunning on the dyno .doc uses and likes closed loop on all the low load and cruise area in smart tune .but idle and wide open area witch he tunes via wide band why ?.well let me explain any thing over 50 percent throttle is NOT controlled in closed loop anyway the ecm no longer controls fuel via o2 that is a created section of the map.during tunning.a mathematical equation and a calculated.value created by the tunner input.confirmed during tunning via wide band .anarrow band sensor only reads a small section of af ratio while a wide band reads 9.1 to 20.1 ratio a lot more info can be input to the ecm !
  7. JohnnyBiker

Great explanation. But I only understood a little bit of it. Lol. I did forget to mention that Dan said he will put together the kit with wide band sensors. So from what I am reading, that is a good thing?
  8. baggerpaul

9. JohnnyBiker

10. baggerpaul

When I set you the se disc years ago there is a technical manual with it on the disc .READ AND STUDY IT VERY GOOD TO APPLY IT TO YOUR APPLICATION if you learn that you can tune the power vision .it has the theory and opeating of a efi system on all Harleys closed and open loop.
  11. JohnnyBiker

Not sure I still have it? The computer that I had it on crashed and am not sure I transfered it to my new one. My newer one is FUBAR as well., which really sucks because my resume is on it and I am going to need my resume this week. Grrrr.
  12. JohnnyBiker

I found 2 gas tanks down in Florida thanks to BaggerPaul. I should be closing the deal today. Things are moving along nicely.
  13. baggerpaul

You can download the manual on line also just Google it sesupertunner/hd.com
  14. JohnnyBiker

Ok. Will do.:cool:
  15. JohnnyBiker

EFI tank is on its way from Florida.
    baggerpaul likes this.
  16. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are committed now.... good luck with it.
  17. JohnnyBiker

Yep. No turning back. Will just need a little tlc when it gets here. Much better price than what Harley wants.
  18. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

I am still grateful for Cowboy's help with my Sporty remodel by supplying a good tank at a good price. A bit of love at the bodyshop and it fit my needs perfectly. Hopefully you will come out as happy with your project as I was with mine.
    Any thoughts on a color shift while apart? Or sticking with always in style black?
  19. JohnnyBiker

Man I just haven't decided If I am going to do it when it's apart or not. Doing it While it's apart would be optimal but need to see how my budget is going.
  20. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I'd double check that, wide band sensors are very very expensive.