1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Engine light comes on-- 03 EFI bike

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Lucifer, Jul 14, 2008.

1. jazzhog

jazzhog New Member

I had the same problem with my scoot. The code that kicked out was a low voltage code. I fixed the problem but I also charged the battery and had it load tested, just to be sure..."JAZZ":cool:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

glad ya found the problem!!!!! the spacer deal on the battery does suck. it is there to space out so the wire terminals are not kinked/bent to an unaceptable angle which will cause breakage problems. if you remove the battery you can sometimes retreve enough wire to eliminate the spacer by attaching the wires horizonal to the top of the battery.........hope this helps..............:)
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Shoulda thought of that, happened to me last week riding bike wouldnt start we pushed it and fired right up, (nothing like a buncha overweight guys in 90 degrees pushing a high comp motor to start to make ya laugh) we were good though we had safety equipment and an ambulance on site to cover any contengency.

Anyway rode it for a while going home, everyones following wonder if they have to push my big arse again, and it hits me...

Frigging ground might be loose.

We stopped and I pulled off the seat, yep bolt to battery was loose, charging system was keeping it up enough to run but not fully charge battery. :banghead:

Tightened her up and it fired right up.:D

BTW she was telling me it was a problem for almost two weeks being cantankerous when I went to start, it would catch, hold then spin up.

Bikes always talk to you, they tell you stuff is wrong... like life sometime you have to listen....
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good to hear it's was a easy fix , so just what is the police supply manual ? the one's I looked at where just for adding on the police stuff like the siren & special police tour pack with the lights , I also ride a 03 cop bike The E Glide & have been looking for the special cop book on these models
  5. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

The supplement manual I ordered is mainly for the wiring schematics, thats pretty much the only difference between them and regular FLH's

Yeah HRK I hear ya on those hi comp engines, wound up having my harness cut in two in the middle of Butt F Nowhere on the Heritage last year, burned the starter out. Fun trying to push 10.5:1 and dragging the rear wheel, the young fella helping me out wished I'd stayed stock. LOL

They do talk to ya,my headlight was flickering before the last time it quit on me, so I was thinking ground, guess I wasn't listening to her either;)

Time for a yogurt:roflmao: :roflmao:
  6. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Here the number for the manual, I ordered it from Lakeshore HD
    99483-03SP 2003 FLT POLICE MODELS SERVICE MANUAL
    You should be able to order it thru your local HD boutique, if the parts guys know even a tiny bit. If I can find their web address I'll send it to you.:devil:
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Thank's that will help a lot :D