1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Eureka Springs

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, May 28, 2013.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Glad you got your bike back. I to have never heard of a quick disconnect failing unless it was not connected properly in the first place but anything of a mechanical nature can fail. Hope you back to riding. :D
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Tore the front wheel down today, can see in both sides inner
    Brake pads are gone.
    Pulled and put new wheel bearings in front. Git it all back together...
    Tire back down..

On the rear wheel, on the sprocket pulley side , when you pull the compensator it had all kind of degree
    On the outside of the wheel bearing...
    When we pulled the bearing, the axle sleeve had a bur on it.

The left sprocket side wheel bearing not moving freely either...
    The bearing bumped, you could feel grit in it. Replaced all that..
    Forgot to get the beating for the compensator sprocket.
    So I will git up tomorrow and see who might be open and where I might git one..
    Then I can git her back together..
    Think after that I'm gonna check my cinch bolts on the front trees....
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Mine I noticed feels like I'm riding on ice at times. Just feels loose at times. Made sure I greased the head bearing. Tire pressures are good. Going to check the head for a any looseness. Bike does not feel like it tracks real well right now.
    Hit one of those tar snakes in a corner yesterday and that made me pucker a bit, hate those things.
  4. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Sorry I'm so late responding Fatboy. My computer died and I had to get a new one.

The BMW K1200 was in the front followed by an R1200, then a Suzuki 1100 V-Strom. The next photo is while I'm passing the silver Suzuki. Those boys are worried they will crash and burn if they go over 120!
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member