1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Even if your not a Ford Fan

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jan 30, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I remember being in cheetcago in the summer one year and the humidity was really high.
  2. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Powerful, moving message. Not a lot else to be said...........
  3. FLHTbiker

I know not every Vet coming home is going to have a Mustang waiting for em in the garage but its sure a nice change to the way it was when I came home from Nam.
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

is the humidity around 80% too. That's what is tough here is the humidity from the gulf.
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

It gets to about 75-80% humidity. Sometimes a little more.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

and i remember very well.............spent 4 yrs in coast guard..67'/71'....very lucky to not do a tour in nam...........still had the same garbage happen to me when ever i was in uniform...........
  7. FLHTbiker

Yea, they didn't like us to well back then. Coast Guard...I always thought Texans were land lovers. :)
  8. chucktx

we are, but i didnt start life here..................just got here as quick as i could!
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Ya they did'nt like seeeing a uniform back then , hell I got spit on going through a air port back in 69, Army uniform ,I tunned around & beat the hell out out of that guy as I was on my way home for my brothers funeral, lost him in nam ,& I was in no mood for thats guys crap
  10. FLHTbiker

I got spit on in the S.F. air port by a women and her kid on my way home from Nam in 72. I remember being caught off guard by it and was not sure how to respond at the time. I do now.
    I was in uniform to.
  11. cowboy

he got me in the side of my face , I was walking from gate to gate ,he stood up I did'nt think anythink of it till i heard him spit & felt it on my face I just turned & layed into him , S gurieds came & pulled me off cuffed us bith took us to there office & when I told what he did , theay arrested his for defacing Gov property & got me to my gate even had the plane wate a few min, The one guried was a x Army sarget retired :cool:
  12. FLHTbiker

Glad they got him, to bad s**t like that happened to us. But yea know what I was flying to Vegas for a H.O.G. officer training a couple of years ago. There were several of us on the flight and we had our chapter vests with us. I had my Nam patch on mine and had several people thank me for my service and the stewardess offered me a free drink. Boy times have sure changed. :)
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  13. chucktx

yup, the folks are changing, and that is a good thing.
  14. cowboy

ya there & thats a real good deal almost like back in time to 1945:D