1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

exhaust options for 04 Sportster 1200 C

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by pregan, May 4, 2004.

1. pregan

pregan New Member

I have an "04 Sportster 1200 Custom (awesome bike, by the way). I would like a slightly more authoritative exhaust note, and a few more horse power is always welcome (although the bike doesn't need any!). The local H-D dealer is recommending SE air filter to increase breathing and SE slip on mufflers. They say this combo yields a much improved exhaust tone and 3-5 additional horse power. Anyone have any experience with this set up on this bike? Anyone have recommendations for any other set ups?
  2. Jay

Jay New Member

re:exhaust options for "04 Sportster 1200 C

Do it ... The only thing you may have to do is re jet the carb.
    The dealer did that on mine and it runs great and the extra HP is noticeable!

I got the same SE2 pipes and SE air filter. It's easy to install too!

Go on the internet to search for the best price. I went to Surdyke.com they are 20% off list price.

Jay