1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Exhaust wrap

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Nov 8, 2010.

1. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned A-Hole

I think we're on the same page. Over the years we've just found stuff that works for our riding style. I've settled into a comfortable habit of clothing, bikes and accessories that enhance riding.

I think the idea of wrapping an exhaust fits into that argument. When I get home I'm looking for a beverage and supper. It's just easier to grab a micro-fiber cloth and some Windex and wipe down a chrome exhaust system. Since Betty is mostly chrome the work goes pretty fast.

Granted, blacked out pipes might have looked better on the Sportster 48. And I'm sure a little BugSlide might have cleaned them fast, as well. That's too much thinking!:D
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Hey there Hot01 glad to see you online again. I am going to put on exhaust wrap and I know you have done it. Anything major to watch out for as I am doing it? What product did you use? did you recommend using the sealant?
  3. ddeviney

ddeviney New Member

Have a question. My brothers bike had a very small leak of brake fluid that started a very small fire. The CAT conv. is so close. I have a 11 FLHTK and want to remove the heat shields, wrap the pipes from the head to the exhaust. I have the wrap but before I install it I want to know what it will do concerning the performance and the pros and cons. Really don't know whether to wrap them or just leave them alone. PLEASE ADVISE. Email ddeviney@centurytel.net thanking all in advance.
    Thanks,
    D.E.A.D.