1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Exhust for new 1550 engine

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by greenroad00king, May 10, 2004.

1. greenroad00king

greenroad00king New Member

I am having my 2000 Road King 1450 engine upgraded to a 1550 --- I currently have Sampson silver bullets for my exhust --- I was thinking about changin to true duels (either Vance and Hines Long shots or BUBS) which is the better exhust and does the Vance and Hines exhust go on both sides as my current exhust or does it go on one side (left side).
  2. tlrucker

tlrucker New Member

Exhaust for 1550 engine

I have a 2000 Road King Classic with the 1550 Big Bore kit and stage 1 ECM. I am using Screaming Eagle slip-ons as recommended by H-D and am very satisfied with the combination. From what I have been told if I were to change exhaust I would seriously consider Rinehart (by BUB) true duals. They run one pipe down each side of the bike on the Road King application.
    My son is using Rineharts on his 95 inch, big cam, modified heads, etc. 2002 Fat Boy and really likes them. He expects to see over 100 #ft. and 100 h.p. when he gets it dialed in on the dyno later this month.
    Hope this helps.