1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

EZ Just Idle Screw has no effect on idle

Discussion in 'EZ-Just Idle Mixture Screw' started by shovelheadman, Jan 1, 2008.

1. shovelheadman

shovelheadman New Member

So at last I pop this in - start adjusting and it has no effect. What have done wrong? I didn't see the o-ring and washer pop out so I assume they're still there...or.. did they pop out without me seeing? Strange thing is that the idle seems OK wherever I set the crew now. very confused.
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

If your idle doesn't stumble when the screw is turned all the way in (closed), either your pilot jet is too large or the o-ring fell out. When you replaced the screw, did you do so with the card still mounted? This is the most common way that the packing falls out.

I would try reducing the pilot/idle jet first to see if you can get a proper adjustment. When screwed in all the way the idle should stumble if your idle speed is set between 950-1100.