1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ez screw fell out first mile

Discussion in 'EZ-Just Idle Mixture Screw' started by bob paul, Jan 29, 2012.

1. bob paul

bob paul New Member

I installed the ez screw setup on my bike and though it felt a little loose at the inital setting of 1 3/4 turns out from bottoming out I installed it and it seemed ok. I installed the carb on the bike and followed the instructions on adjustment and the bike started on two full turns out from bottom but ran rough. I had to back it out another 1 1/4 turns to get it smoothed out and it ran great. I did follow the instructions on adjusting the idle as well. I rode around the block and it got rough again so I took it home and the screw had fallen all the way out. I assume the spring and o-ring and washer went the same way. I think I just have a very loose carb and I am not sure that teflon tape would do it. Do you think maybe a longer or stronger spring might do the trick? I did love the fact I could quick adjust the carb but I lost the 17.00 screw and now it looks like I have to buy the 7.00 o-ring and spring set again as well. Kinda of an expencive test if you ask me.
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hi Bob, send me an email with your purchase info and I can send you a replacement for the cost of shipping.

Regarding the number of turns out on the mixture screw it sounds like your pilot jet may be too small if it takes that many turns.
  3. bob paul

bob paul New Member

Ken ty for your quick reply. I have included what you asked for. I will also need the o-ring and spring and washer as these fell out too. Not sure how you want to handle the billing for shipping and stuff please let me know and I will look into the pilot jet size before running it again. My info is

*** Deleted for privacy ***
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2012
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Bob, better to copy than delet your reply then send it in a private message to Ken. That way all your personal info ( address and phone) is not left for anyone to see, just a suggestion. :)