1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

EZjust screw fell out

Discussion in 'EZ-Just Idle Mixture Screw' started by 5558, Feb 2, 2009.

1. 5558

5558 New Member

Has anyone ever lost there ezjust screw. While transporting bike to Florida at gas stop I saw the screw laying on engine case, the spring and washer were missing. The screw had been adjusted 2 turns out. Any explaination.
    Thanks
    Ken
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

In some rare instances I've heard of the screw coming loose but not all the way out. The inside threads on these carburetors are not very precise and some are looser than others. However if the passage is cracked it could allow the screw to vibrate out.

I would inspect the threads carefully before replacing the EZ-Just, and if its a case of just a very loose fit you can wrap the screw threads with some teflon tape.