1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Fat tire kits for pre 03 Road Kings

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Tomflhrci98, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I have a 98 flhrci. It is time I started making major modifications. Since I will keep this bike the first thing I am looking into doing is a fatter tire with the same fender like the new bikes (or if the kit looks good I may change the fender). Also, I would like to know how to strengthen the frame to reduce the wobble in high speed cornering.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Tom
  2. HD DOC FL

HD DOC FL New Member

TOM HAVIHG SAME PROBLEM WANT TO PUT A 180 REAR TIRE ON MY 2002 FLHTC SEEMS LIKE THERES NOT MUCH INTEREST IN BAGGER RIDERS WANTING TO DO THE SAME. IVE EVEN CALLED ROWE FRAMES TO SEE IF HE WOULD MAKE AN FLHTC FRAME WITH A 3 INCH STRETCH AND A 180 REAR TIRE THAT COULD USE THE REVERSE TRIPLE TREES AND THE STOCK FAIRING TANKS AND BAGS IAM 6FT AND NEED TO SET BACK FROM THE FAIRING ABOUT3 IN. GIVE MORE LEG ROOM FOR ME. HE STATES THERES NOT ENOUGHT INTEREST IN THAT FRAME! MAYBE WE COULD GENERATE SOOM. WITH ENOUGH PEOPLE INTERESTED IN IT HE MAY BE THE GROUNG BREAKER FOR THIS STILL FRAME. I DID HEAR OF A GUY IN CANADA DOING SOMETHING WITH THESE FRAMES BUT CAN.T FIND HIM. MAYBE SOMEONE OUT THERE KNOWS OF THIS GUY . ANY HELP? THANKS THE DOC.
  3. Red Dog

Red Dog New Member

Good questions guys. if you ever find the "true"answer to these questions, please forward the info to me. It will be greatly appreciated. I too am looking for a fatter tire rear end for A Road King, or frame info.

I9mark59@aol.com
  4. HD DOC FL

HD DOC FL New Member

Found A Couple Of Companys Doing 180 Tire Kits For Flh Models Big Bore.com & Dm Customs.com.
  5. ricinfl

ricinfl New Member

Replace belt with a chain

I saw late model Roadking at a local bike night that had replaced a belt with a chain this allowed him to move up to a larger tire. He did admit he began the project after the belt broke. I gotta tell ya the bike looked good with the bigger tire!

Ric