1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Finally got to ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by cowboy, Jan 31, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Ya don't see me up there do ya ?:D

When folks here are askin for rain I tell them they live in the wrong state.

Say to go to Oregon or Washington, hear they git the rain yer lookin for.:rant:
  2. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

At least they ain't forecasting 3" of snow - I'll take the rain anyday. And for those poor souls in the East - they can forget any riding for a week or two.:gah:
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Its partly sunny here and about the same temp as what your showing. Our summers here are really great and so is the fall. Spring is wet/dry never know. This past January we have had the second warmest January in recorded history. With very little rain. There probably gonna want to ration water this summer. :rolleyes:
  4. Welder

Welder New Member

Hey guys,

The agony is finally over! On january 28 I drove 4 1/2 hours to Spartanburg,SC., test drove and bought a used '05 Ultra Classic, and trailed it back to snowy Southeastern, KY.

We still have snow on the ground but the roads finallly dried off and temps creeped in to the lower 40's today, so me and the bike finally got to leave the garage and spread our wings.

I made the 116 mile round trip to our nearest Harley Dealer and picked up a few chrome goodies for the ultra.

Wow, what a great feelin. Never actually rode an ultra more than the short test drive (11 miles), and i reeaaallllyyyyy like the machine. Love the lower fairings, and the whole nine yards.

Can't wait till tomorrow, more sunshine and mid 50's. :D:D:D
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

sounds great, Got my scoot on about a hundred Thursday before it snowed again, felt good, Might as well throw in a few pics of your pride and joy.
  6. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Finally got my ride out for the first time this year. Roads were in good condition but going thru the yard on the way out and in was like motocross in the rain. Had about a hour of pure joy before family duties called me back; gittin real close to that spring trip I've got planned and even got a break, the OL is takin off for New Orleans as soon as I get back so I'm lookin for a short side trip while she's gone.
  7. cardboard

When my wife sees me pick up my riding gear and hears he bike crank she had better be on back.:cool:

Cause I'm going riding.
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

welder way to on your new ride , I too got to get out & put about 100 miles or so on this past saterday , left the house arond 3;30 pm & got home about 2 am :D
  9. cardboard

Glad next week its starting Daylight saving time. More sunlight.
    Mabe it will git rid of the snow for everybody up north.
    Lookin for warmer days. Then we can all git out and ride
  10. Welder

Welder New Member

Ironhorse, here are some pics of the scooter.:D

Attached Files:

11. cowboy

good looking ride , how the back seat ride ? & what yr chevy is that ?
  12. FLHTbiker

Very nice looking ride, yea I was wondering about the concealed car in the garage?
  13. Navy_Chief

Navy_Chief New Member

That is an awesome ride...:cool:
  14. Welder

Welder New Member

:D Thanks guys.

Cowboy, The seat is a badlander and the ole lady says it has to go if i expect her to ride. :rolleyes: :fight: Lookin to replace it with a Mustang.

As for the car in the garage, it is for sale. If you are interested in talkin with the owner i can give you contact info. Wish i could tell ya that it is mine but it isn't. Belongs to the guy that i bought the bike from.

Said he was asking about $30,000.00 for it. A '67 buick i believe. Think that he said it was a California edition??? Looked real nice.

My attention was focused on the Ultra. :D:D:D
  15. FLHTbiker

Yep, that ultra is a pretty nice looking ride.
  16. cowboy

Ya thoase badlander 's are comfy up front But the back is bad from what I here , My son had one on his wideglide I used it once & the wife rode about 2 miles & got off & on the back with her brother said that seat has to go , son was single then & did'nt care who rode or did'nt back then , then he got married & the seat went :D