1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Fires out West

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Maddog110

Maddog110 Active Member

Your right, when ya really think about a disaster your whole life is in your house,most people are Not prepared at all,and IAM probley one. Ill give this some more thought thanks. The fires in oregon are east of us,wind blows from west to east 95 percent of the time,we are pretty safe.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Well we're glad you are safe, one of the reasons I posted this is a member of my Sig gun forum
    was renting a home in CO, he and his wife were in one of the nice big homes, the fire turned
    and burned it to the ground, the pictures of his life belongings after were eye opening, nothing
    was left, zero, nada, gun frames melted, it just came up fast and poof everything was gone...

Lots of folks don't realize that most safes are water resistant not water proof and the same
    for fire, they have ratings but eventually inside a house the temps can get so high the safe
    succumbs to the fire...
  3. hotroadking

CHeck out what a forest fire that hits a house does to guns and knives
    Wood handle is gone on the Knife and Marlin..
    Third one was formerly an AR
    bottom two were full metal Sig P series pistolas..

[​IMG]
  4. hotroadking

THis is what your house looks like... after it rolls through the subdivision

[​IMG]
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

How would you like this dumped on your house, fire may be out but holy cow. This was a pic of the fire in Oregon and forest service dumping fire retardant by homes. The fire is still out of control and heard more than 500 fire fighters are working on it. A lot of homes there have been destroyed. image.jpg
  6. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

One business trip Missoula I saw these guys practicing, amazing. Then I remember some love movie about these fliers. John goodman and Richard dryfuss were in it. Goodman sitting in a beach chair on a hill catching rays With a piƱa colada getting hit with the tanker dump. Funny stuff in the movie anyway
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Think I would rather have that the try & clean up all the ashes
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Speaking of ashes my car and truck were parked outside in the driveway last night. This morning they were covered in ash from the fire. Had to hose them off this morning.
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

sounds like the winds of change , watch out