1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

First Ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by nightster09, Sep 14, 2008.

1. nightster09

nightster09 New Member

I'm still around, this week has been crazy here. The class was good, exhausting, but good. The written test was nothing at all, and the work on the range was pretty good too. However I must admit that because I took the bike around the corner test and out of the boundary I did not get the certification. I'm going back in 2 weeks to re-test, and am pretty confident that I will come away with the certification. The only thing that I would change in the course if it was mine to fix would be the range exercises. We did not test until almost 1pm on Sunday and had been at the range since 8am, so we were all pretty tired; having the evaluation over the course of the weekend would be a better way to test the students. When my instructor was going over my score with me he told me that the score in no way represented my ability that I showed over the weekend, which tells me that the test is BS. Oh well, it is what it is, and on Oct. 5 I'll do it again - - my wife passed so I am heading to the DMV tomorrow to get a learners permit so I can at least ride legally around here until the 5th.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

great to hear. a lot of the class is boring, but still full of good info......
  3. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Glad you are still around. People go missing on here and it is always a question of, Did they get bored and forget us, or did they go down and no one to tell us? Glad you aren't in that second group.

Sorry about the Cert, but hey I been riding on learners since I started last year. Just too dang lazy to go take the riding test. Can't get into a class around here which don't mean much to me anyway.

Stay safe out there and keep enjoying those Nightsters.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

You think she'd give you a ride over :roflmao:

Sorry when you lob a softball like that someones gotta swing :D
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yup. and i think it was a double!!!!!!!!:)
  6. nightster09

nightster09 New Member

-thankfully the nightsters are solo seats only! no lick it and stick it for this guy!!
    I can't blame you roadking for taking the shot - I would have done the same thing too! :cool:
  7. nightster09

nightster09 New Member

its been two weeks, and this past Sunday I went back to the range for the Riders Edge - MSF eval. and aced the test. So now I am officially legal on the nightster and having a blast on it while the weather is still good around here. I went out tonight and enjoyed the ride without having to have someone with me riding. Solo rides are great, especially after you have had to have a licensed rider along with you. I'm looking forward to many more great rides before the season halts for us here in the midwest; winter is for parts upgrades!
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

congrets on your test grade , keep your eyes & ears open & enjoy riding for many years to come :D
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Congrats on the license, ride safe....
  10. usahellas

usahellas New Member

SWEET!!! Sounds Great!! My first Harley was a XL1200c and that was a great bike as well. LOVED my Sporty!! Have fun and be safe!
  11. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Dude I missed your post yesterday. Congrats on the license. I would have gotten off my butt and done mine too if I had to have a licensed rider with me to ride my learners here in WV. Just limited to daylight hours :)roflmao: sorry officer I lost track of time and only way I had to get home) and no passengers. Darn I really want to ride a passenger :rolleyes: NOT. So a learners is fine by me here for now. Again Congrats on bustin' the test man. Stay safe and I know you will have a blast with it.