1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

First Snow of 2010

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Red Rider, Nov 20, 2010.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Try driving on glare ice like I had to all weekend. :witsend: last night coming home from work and came up on this really bad accident. There were 4 busses that I met before I got to the scene of the accident. when I go to it, there were like another 2 and I thought I saw three fire trucks. NOT GOOD!
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I got a chance to get the Springer out today for a couple hours. Was a bit cold but no snow yet. Its supposed to snow here possibly tomorrow.
    JB, those kind of situations like that are never any good. Sounds like your bikes gonna be up for the winter months. :(
  3. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I remember being in the Moab area a couple of weeks ago when the big cold front slowly moved it's way east and you guys were warm as hell and it was snowing in northern Arizona..we had to leave the area to head back home and a week ago sunday I got to start driving on ice in Utah Idaho and Montana...I got six hours of normal driving up here in Alberta and by the time we got to the house it was snowing and everything froze up and it's been on ice here ever since..crazy!!I feel your pain.
  4. JohnnyBiker

Yeah I have had the bike parked now for just about 2.5 weeks now. That is ok though because there are things that I want to do with my bike so this weather is just going to let me get it done. :D
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Johnny you are a glass half full kinda guy huh LOL

Terrible weather here, I put on a light jacket coming
    home last night, almost broke a sweat...
  6. JohnnyBiker

I try to be but Hot Rider is trying to spoil my fun. :mad::(
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I feel bad saying we had 84 for a high today , but the cold front is comming our way should down in the 40's by thanksgiving , & the first week of this month we where down in the low 40s for the Lonestar rally ,I had to get the leathers out but had a good time :cool:
  8. FLHTbiker

I have to laugh at the weatherman, they got the city of Portland all excited about the commute this morning and the major bus lines Tri-Met chained up expecting a major snow storm. No snow was 40 all day. :roflmao: They were saying to expect snow like the 08 storm. That was 3 feet and was the largest snowfall in 40 years. Gotta wonder about watching the weather reports. :rolleyes: :roflmao:
  9. JohnnyBiker

You are right, you should feel guilty. :rant::cussing::wtf:
  10. FLHTbiker

JB, after school you could always move. :)
  11. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

JB the wife got up this morning & turned te AC on ,But like I said earleyer the weather man/ lady says in the 40s by thanksgiving But who know what they smoke before telling us anything:eek:
  12. hotroadking

Supposed to drop into the high 70's by Sat for the Turkey Rod Run...

JB just fill that glass with her favorite drink... LOL
  13. FLHTbiker

Well its 20 F at my place right now, but the sun is out. We got an Arctic blast from Canada (thanks Sleepy :D). The problem with riding in the cold like this, is by the time you get all the garb on to keep you from freezing you could have been there and back on a warm day's ride.
    Plus you feel like the dough boy when you try to get on the bike. Electric gear helps a lot to.
  14. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

More where that came from it's 40 below with the chill here right now 40 below is fairly close where celcius and fahrenheit hit..anyway pretty darned cold..no riding here.
  15. FLHTbiker

:eek: hope you got a block heater for the Mustang. What do you do for the bike to store it in the winter months.
  16. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I clean the bike ,change the fluids, fill the gas tank with regular, put a battery tender on it and wait till spring..same goes for the mustang..it doesn't see snow. Now that I'm back to work and making some money I may bring the Harley into the shop and have them pull the front end off..50000 mile service..do the bearings..maybe change the springs. While i'd like to get a newer bike this one has been too good to get rid of so I'll likely keep it.
  17. hotroadking

Don't forget the sta-bil fuel stabilizer LOL
  18. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

you're probably right about the fuel stabilizer, I've never used it, it's really dry here in the winter. Everything fires up just fine in the spring..even the lawnmower..it's looking like it is going to be a long cold winter.
  19. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

aint that the truth,
    Im looking into a electric jacket linner, maybe some socks too.
    weather said it was 20 this morning, my patio thermometer said 10. supposed to get cooler by thursday.
  20. FLHTbiker

You guys are getting the weather from us I think, sorry.:(