1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

FLHT seat change???

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Duane Wilson, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Duane Wilson

Duane Wilson New Member

Hello , A friend of mine has a 1989 Electra Glide Ultra classic, and the seat is broken down pretty good, and is looking to upgrade his seat, I told him to come over some time and we will test fit my seat from my 2000 FLHTCUI and see if that fits just to figure out what age range he can use maybe. Does anyone actually know off the top of your head what the seat interchange is on these bikes?? He just doesn't want to buy a brand new one from one of the seat companies, trying to stay all original Harley parts. ( just the way he is ).

Thanks
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

If he's got a sewing machine and some talent he could recover it himself, new foam, higher density, cut the leather or vinyl and recover it. Lots of utoob videos.

Or find a local upholstery shop, they can do it, probably take a week, and a couple hundred bucks but he'd have a nice professional done seat good for another 30 years.

Or find a motorcycle seat shop that will custom make it for him on the old pan.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

direct to options and prices

http://www.meancitycycles.com/driver_seat_modifications.php#dIronButt

there are others.
  3. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Check online for motorcycle consignment shops,bike strippers,Bone yards and such. great deals on used parts are out there. Also if the new seats still fit go to a HD dealer and get a new 'take off'. People get custom seats for new bikes and leave the stock seat. I got a brand new Road King seat for $125
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

The newer 08 and up have different frames
    so the mounting tabs are different...