1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

FLHTC-Stage One

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Boudreaux, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Boudreaux

Boudreaux New Member

New to HD. Bought an '04 FLHTC. Stock now. Was looking at the V&H new header pipe and true dual set up. Which carb/rejetting kit and airfilter would work best?? Many thanks!
  2. fatboyvtwin

fatboyvtwin New Member

There are many choices of air breather kits that you can choose from. There is Kuryakyn, Forcewinder, Billet Sucker, K&N, etc. The thing to keep in mind is no matter which air assembly that you choose, your motor will only suck in so much air, you can not "force" air into the throat of the manifold, it will only take in so much. I went with the Screaming Eagle air breather kit. I have known people to drill holes in the back of there stock backing plate which in return will make the bike suck air much easier, but not more. No matter which air assembly you choose, I would say to choose one that would look the best on your bike. Now as far as a rebuild kit for your carb, I used a Dynojet, "thunderslide" kit in my 1998 Fatboy, the kit will give you several sizes of jets, and a new plastic slide kit, eliminating the heavy original slide. When eliminating the heavy slide you will notice a faster throttle response. I have always stayed with the stock CV carburator for the mere fact that I travel from sea level to sometimes 12,000 feet, with the CV carb you don't have to worry about changing the jets to avoid running the bike to lean or to rich. With my new Road King Classic I chose to go with the fuel injection, for performance, throttle response, & fuel ecomony I hope this gives you some insight. Ride Safe, David.