1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ford remodels F150

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jan 13, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

So you think Chevy and Ford build their own Diesel yea right. Chevy is a Japanese Diesel and Ford can't find a good Diesel to stick in their truck, way to many problems over the years. The body on my 07 Dodge is built like a tank and have never had a problem with the truck sense I bought it new. Owned several Fords over the years and had my share of problems with them. Every manufacture has had some issues or recalls.
  2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

That's true. I have no loyalty to any particular brand as long as it's American. I have my F-150 because it was available at a great price. If it would have been a Chevy or Dodge or whatever, I would have bought it.
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Test drove a new F150 Platinum version, has everything but a kitchen sink LOL

Black on Black, with the Eco Boost, that engine has plenty of power and will scoot,
    Ford has some serious rebate money and this is one of the left over 2013's which is
    just like a 14 but less expensive, I dunno if I want to spend the green but the truck is amazing...
  4. Maddog110

Maddog110 Active Member

Yea , I had to put a trans in my 05 F-150 @,80,000. It is the weak point in 150s.i been driving fords for 40 years and I like em. They all make good rigs and a few bad ones.the new ford body is NOT pure aluminum , its a mix of alloys,al. Is so soft you would dent it if you leaned on it.austen marten d-b5. Did just that, you couldn't touch it.neat car when it ran,witch wasn't a lot . It's like oil , tires , assh@&s everybody got one.
  5. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Had to put a trans in my wifes 6 month old 2002 Ford Escape..they put in a refurbed which crapped out a year later for the new purchaser who was a co worker and bought it from the dealership I traded it out in. No Fords no more for me.
  6. FLHTbiker

Yea the last Ford pick-up I owned was around a 85 F-150. Horrible on gas and rattled a lot. I went to Chevy trucks after that and felt like I stepped up to luxury. Never had any problems with them either. My last truck I decided on the Dodge only because of the Cummins motor and wow what a nice truck it's been. Pulled a big ars camper with the motorcycle trailer loaded with my Ultra and the wife's trike and still didn't use all the power that the truck has. Pulled a big 5th wheel with it and it had a hard time keeping it down to the speed limit. This truck is just incredible and amazes me all the time. If I had to buy a new truck I would go to a 1/2 ton Chevy , they don't have tranny issues, however it's paid for and runs great so won't be buying another one. :D
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Well don't give a good shout for the new 14 chevy , My Daughter has one about a FEW WEEKS NOW& theres two recalls already ,One for the computer/engine, can't Idle it may cause a fire , can't remember what the second one is for ,but the Truck drives great , we did 500 miles in about 6.1/2 hours a couple days after she bought it
  8. FLHTbiker

Yea Cowboy I can't beat the Dodge I have and have you seen the prices of the new trucks. Don't know how people can afford to buy a new one.
  9. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

My best friend has a 2013 chevy 4 door 4x4 with a 5.3 and his wife has a 2012 Ford 4 door 4x4 with 3.5 ecoboost. He says the Ford is a better truck and when he has to pull his camper or his boat they use the Ford, more leg room in the backseat and will pull without the engine running at 4000 rpm. Just curious what year Ford's are having tranny issues. I have a 06 and a 2011 and no problems and the Ford dealer here is not seeing any either on the newer ones. Thinking about updating and don't want to get a year with a bad transmission.
  10. FLHTbiker

11. ultra200922

So they have just about as many award shows for cars and trucks as they do for country music now. Now North American car of the year, then Car and Driver car of the year, Motor Trend says Dodge is truck of the year for 2013 and 2014. Yet Ford still out sold them all. The people buying them will tell you what is better before a panel of 6 paid judges from a magazine will. The only thing they all have in common is they all cost alot and at some point will give you a problem as all mechanical things do.
  12. FLHTbiker

I'll take my Dodge over a Ford any day.

I hear yea on all those awards that's why I posted that about the Chevy. But which one is the top award or best award. Around here there are more Dodge trucks than any other on the road. I know of several guys who hate their Ford Diesel. Know one guy who has the new Chevy Diesel and loves it. Hard to beat that Cummings in the Dodge though.
  13. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I have a 2013 Outdoorsmen. 32 gallon gas tank. 22" rims I want to be buried in this truck.
    dodge.jpg
  14. hotroadking

Sales numbers tell the truth about the best on the road...

FoMoCo....
  15. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

That last sentence says it all.
  16. ultra200922

Sale numbers have been telling it for over 30 years. Numbers never lie.
  17. FLHTbiker

Only reason Ford outsells the other is they make em so cheap every Joe blow can afford one. Nothing beats or is better than a real pickup, Dodge Ram. They get the work done while the others brag about their toys. :D
    I'm with BI they can bury me in mine.

image.jpg
  18. hotroadking

Right. The F150 I was looking at had a sticker of $51k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. FLHTbiker

Truck is still cheap, yea just stuck a lot of foo foo on it :D drop by the Dodge store and test drive a Ram

image.jpg
  20. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I won't be buried in my Dodge , my grandson will put another 300k on it after I am gone