1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Freedom vs security

Discussion in 'The Polling place' started by GreyBear, Aug 16, 2006.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Greybear, this whole thing with the Arab oil boils down to a lot like this as I see it.
    We probably would have gone in and leveled the place except for the oil, we can't. You ask why, well look at all the polls about who is to blame for the high cost of gas at the pumps. MR. Bush, they blame him or any guy who would be president. Basically most Americans to me are ignorant about this whole thing. The president knows that high energy costs is bad for country and bad at the polls regardless whether he looks at them or not as I'm sure he has a lot of people around him counseling him about this.
    Secondly it was the U.S. idea to use that oil to help pay off some of the debt for the war, however the terrorist have pretty much taken care of that idea.

To me the US is to much like the ACLU with world policies and politics. I agree with the idea that we should have gone in and simply cleaned house. It's the same thing that needs to be done with Iran. What ever happened to the term carry a big stick, now were more like the parents that don't believe in correcting your children, can't spank them and now look what's happened to so many of them.
  2. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Amen to that

FLHT you can certainly get an answer from the AMEN corner on that!
    Ride Free....
  3. scooter

scooter New Member

Like I said, GreyBear, Exterminate them. ALL of them. I believe in the total war concept as well. If you ain't in it to win it, then walk away in shame.
    War without intensity...totally undeniable "shock and awe", terribly costly and destructive strikes, unmerciful campaigns, etc....all that amounts to is a police action. Police actions only piss off an enemy, not annihilate them.

Total annihilation of AQ, Hezbollah, and Taliban would be an appropriate START. But we ain't got the balls at the most senior leadeship levels to be that ruthless and draconian. Once and for all, the big dog needs to bite down hard and rip a few heads off....THEN, and ONLY then, will the world listen to us when we speak, for fear of the roar. (Speak softly, carry a big stick?...Naw...speak softly, and USE the big stick...often...)

Does that clear up my personal opinion any? I have dealt with their mindset before, and that's all that really gets through to them.

all for now,

scoot
  4. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Violence

Yeah scooter I read ya loud and clear. My grandpappy summed it up pretty well, as he was apt to do: "Violence is wasteful. It is usually the first resort of those that lack the capacity to reason and debate. All real men, everywhere, abhor it...but with some folks the only thing they understand is a serious ass whipping"

Ride Free.......
  5. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

MAYBE IF BIG BROTHER WOULD KEEP HIS A$$ OUT OF EVERY ONES BUSINNESS AND FOCUS ON THE US AND OUR PROBLEMS AT HOME, AND QUIT PUSHING OUR WAYS ON PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT THEM, AND POLICE'N THE WORLD. THINGS WOULD BE BETTER. I LIKE THE BIG STICK IDEA MYSELF. THERE ALREADY MAD SO WHY NOT TAKE THE OIL. AT LEAST ITS A REASON. NOT THERE OTHER ONE THAT I DONT GIVE 2 SHTS OR A FLYIN F@#K ABOUT. ALL I SEE IS A BUNCH OF SINCELESS KILLING OF AMERICANS. I DONT WANA GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS. BUT OUR SYSTEM DOSENT WORK EITHER. SORRY MY VOTE DOSEN'T COUNT ANY BECAUSE EVERY THING I VOTE ON LOOSES. ITS ALL CORUPT WERE ALL f#C$ED MAY AS WELL FACE IT.
  6. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Isolationism in a global economy

Keeping our nose out of others business is a great idea...so is a perpetual motion machine. Trouble is no one has figured out how to make either one work. We borrow from other countries. We sell to other countries. we buy from other countries. Like it or not we live in a global economy. Closing the borders, pulling back from everyone and thing and just taking care of ourselves sounds good. But so much of everything is interconnected, like a giant spiders web, you make a tremor here it goes across the entire web.
    Influence comes in many ways. Military force, economic aid, commerce....
    Keeping it all together is a like walking a tight rope.....
    Sadly, it just isn't that simple any more...if it ever was.

Ride Free.......
  7. scooter

scooter New Member

Grey Bear,

The Monroe Doctrine was a good thing...while it lasted.

Now, you're right. We ARE too connected. Some ways this is good, alot of ways it's just not good at all.

Our days of "ignoring" the problem, hoping it will go away, are long gone.
    We must fight this fight to the finish...one THEIR soil, so that our kids and grandkids aren't fighting that fight on OUR soil. At least, that's MY thoughts on it all.

scoot
  8. hookvnv

hookvnv New Member

leave the back open

flhtbiker if your looking at the back where the gown is open who cares if there good looking women or not ,just dont turn em around and kiss em when your done....lol...........hook
  9. gumby321

gumby321 New Member

LAS VEGAS WITH MY WIFE OF 25 YEARS WITH NO KIDS
    This Is A No Win Situation

If any of you have seen the 9/11 commision report I think that the truth be told. Condi Rice was squirming in her set when she was asked about all the intellegence that was known a year or more about those towel heads learning to fly.
    Then there was Al Gore asking Ollie North why he spent so much of the govts. money on his security system. Ollies answer was something to the effect of this. You are dealing with a man who is out of his mind and he is capeable of anything. Al asks who is this mad man? Ollie say Bin Laden and in the congress there were snickers at the name. Gore asks what do you think we should do to the guy BEN. Ollie says track him down and blow him and his people off the face of the earth.. Where is Ollie now? This is the kind of man needed in todays govt. All these big biz. and lobbyists are screwing up this country more then we will ever know. Why was the electric car killed in the 1970's? I can tell you this that our economy is based on buying and using oil.
    The entire Bush family have their hands dirty in oil. Oil from every part of the world. We all remember a few months ago the Arabs were going to take over all the ports in the united states. Why not just give them the key to every city and state. Remember this and live by it. When the crap hits the fan. Everyone better be ready to protect themselves. Teach your wife and children how to handle a gun and know when it should be used. I hope this does not happen in my life time. I don't give a rats butt weather your a dem or repub. As long as we argue amugst ourselves they get away with everything they can. How many raises have they voted themselves in the 11th hour right before x-mas brake? Has your pay gone up the way theres has?
    Does your wife get your full pension when you die. Will you have a pension when your ready to retire? Look at all the people in the past few years that put their lives into one company and now the company has taken away their pensions and all benifits because they found a loophole to do it. I am talking about companys that are viable companys to this day. not the ones that went under. GET READY AND BE READY AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK. KNOW WHO YOUR ENEMY IS AND KEEP THEM CLOSE TO YOU...GUMBY PISSED:mad:
  10. keyless

keyless New Member

THANK YOU...

You see removing freedoms starts with creating a good scare throughout society - then the gov can remove freedoms which our father fought and died for in the name of Security.

Um,,, thats bull5hit - don't believe the hype!
  11. gumby321

gumby321 New Member

LAS VEGAS WITH MY WIFE OF 25 YEARS WITH NO KIDS
    i hear you

YES ARE FATHERS AND I FOUGHT FOR FREEDOM. I HAVE SEEN THINGS THAT NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS SHOULD DO OR SEE. WHAT IS BULL**** IS OUR GOVT. THAT FIGHTS WARS IT CANT WIN....THE DRUG WAR.....THIS WAR WE ARE IN NOW....WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY COMING FROM? WHY CAN'T THEY FIND THE MONEY FOR GOOD THINGS TO DO WITH INSTEAD OF FIGHTING A NO WIN DRUG WAR AND THIS OTHER BULL**** WAR?:angry: :wtf: :banghead:
  12. texasbiker

texasbiker New Member

short answers
    first part, NEVER EVER
    Second part, NOTHING