1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Front tire wear

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by halln, May 6, 2006.

1. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

HALLN, I HOPE YOU CHANGED THAT TIRE BY NOW:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
  2. Brandersnatch

Brandersnatch New Member

Two things you shouldn't try to save money on, tyres and brakes. You should spend money.

Incidentally how do you all get on with the oe Dunlops? I hated them especially in the wet. I changed to Avon Venoms, much better grip and feel and no sliding in the wet. I don't hang around either, well worn footboards. :D
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i found the original tires to be ok, for my type of riding.....but have since switched to the ellite 3's.....i like them a lot better....any pics from over the pond????........:)
  4. Brandersnatch

Brandersnatch New Member

My Road King

Attached Files:

5. Brandersnatch

Brandersnatch New Member

My work bike and me on the platform of Euston station in London. My job is that of rider of a motorcycle taxi in London. I work for Virgin Limobike and my ride is sponsored by the Virgin Trains company hence the lurid paintwork! (I know I've gone off subject but you did ask for pics chucktx. :D

Attached Files:

6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Never tired any metzlers !
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

great pics!!!!!!! how does the taxi work??? they just climb on the back??? what about luggage and such????
  8. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

and since we don't have any real train system like Europe does....I think that paint job looks pretty good....especially sitting next to the train like that!!!
  9. Brandersnatch

Brandersnatch New Member

Taxi works like a standard cab apart ftom the fact that I have to be pre booked I can't pick up off the street. I carry Helmet, jacket etc. As for luggage, this pic shows the combined carrier backrest. I can carry a fairly large bag on the carrier. Moat of our passengers are business travellers away for a few days so there's not too much luggage. I can talk to the passengers via an intercom which also blue tooths to my phone and I can run my ipod through it. It can also takt a sat nav but I don't use one in London as I know my way around pretty well.
    AFNurse thanks. I had the idea of matching the colourways to the train myself.

Attached Files:

10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

All the pic's look cool , but like cardboard ask have you tried Metzler tires , I run them & they seem to hold good in the rain or on the dry roads
  11. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I run avons, better handling and traction JMO
    Metzlers are on par with Avon

Deals Gap is an ok road, done it several times, other parts of 129 are better

Ride it from TN to GA and watch speeds in TN they are all over the place in that area of the gap. By riding from TN to GA you're on the outside lane so you have a better vantage point on turns. Don't go crazy flying though it, just cruise it.

28 out of Franklin is a better road, n or s

Cherahola Skyway is a way better road long sweepers, less traffic

Speed enforcement on the Blueridge can be expensive, also you're in the woods, so watch out for critters n such

Ride over the mountians to gatlinburg get some bbq on the way, take a few cigars and a camera stop and look when you're up top on the blueridge

and most of all ride safe.
  12. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Dang Indy man talked me into a Dunlop Elite tire and the UPS man didn't even show up yesterday, a cold front blew in and were under a winter advisory till tomorrow when it will go back to 59*.

Gonna git either a new tire or my wheel and old tire back today so I can ride saturday. Hope I can find somebody else riding. Need to ride to Cowboy so I can find some brake shoes for my Bagger. :gah: