1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, Oct 21, 2008.

1. smiley7661

smiley7661 New Member

yeah.. and it would also have yellow tape around it from the police having to come and put an end to the violence....
    :fight:
  2. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

2.23 as of yesterday, and going down every day.
  3. steveb

steveb Active Member

It is down to $2.10 up here in Minnesota as of last night.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

2.73 for premium here..........lowest it has been for some time....major brand.:)
  5. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Geeze......Still like $2.89 here
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We rode up to Seattle WA. today to pickup a bike I bought and premium was 3.01, reg. unleaded was 2.69.
  7. rrkfrgc

rrkfrgc New Member

Gas prices in D C /Balto area

Just started droppin' like a rock here about a month ago... Last time I filled up it was 2.51.9 here in Laurel MD. Seems like a blessing since it was near $5.00 per earlier this year, but will see what happens when we get our new Dem pres in there real soon (thank god).
  8. rickster

rickster New Member

seen the cheap stuff here at 2.01 & heard it is 1.99 somewhere here in town.
    Should be back up to around 70 degrees the end of the week, & I hope to use alot of that gas during some of the last decent days of my riding season.
  9. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

2.11 I saw today
  10. WildWindwalker

WildWindwalker New Member

Gas here @ Melbourne AR 2.15 reg. unleaded 2.43 premium and Diesel 2.70:puke: . As far as Diesel being so high, it's a supply thing, even if we had a trucker strike it would still be high, because they could sell it across the pond to China or India.
  11. rickster

rickster New Member

1.97 yesterday & today, premium at 2.27
  12. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

13. tim

tim New Member

In regards to diesel prices , you can thank the EPA for some of the price increase. Due to 2007 US emission requirements for diesel engines, part of the deal required refiners to lower the sulfer content in the fuel to help engine manufactures meet those emission standards.
  14. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I got regular for the car today for 2.01......got gas in the bike a day or 2 ago and was paying 2.33 for premium.
  15. rickster

rickster New Member

1.91 for cheap stuff & 2.21 for premium
  16. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Who's in the White House has absolutely NOTHING to do with the price of gasoline. Never has, never will.

Spot crude (CLZ08.NYM) @ $67.26 right now is about $6/barrel below the cumlative cost of exploration, drilling, pumping & transporting, which means that the price won't stay down there - be nice if it would, but it won't. It may go lower before it goes back up, but go back up it will, April futures are @ $71.74 right now & try as they might, no President or Congress can control the price. Why is that? Because approximately 90% of the world's oil is owned/controlled by "NOC's" - nationally-owned oil companies. For example, the biggest NOC, Saudi Aramco, has more than ten times the oil reserves that Exxon does. Bundle up the oil companies we're familiar with in the U.S. & they're just "a drop in the bucket" in the global scene. If we produced 100% of what we use & became an isolationist country it would be different, but that's not the case & it ain't gonna happen.
  17. FLHTbiker

Then why is Exxon making such huge profits? :rant:
  18. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

You mean "was" & the answer is the insane price rise last summer translated into record 3rd quarter profits. Oh, they'll make a profit again, that you can be sure of, but Exxon is a tiny slice of the pie & has no more control over oil prices than you or I do.

And if you want to make some $$$, now would be a good time to buy some Exxon/Mobil stock (XOM) - actually corporate bonds are a lot safer. I mean if you're going to be buying a product anyway & you expect the company that sells it to make a profit, why not get some of that profit for yourself in dividends?
  19. FLHTbiker

Art, I just lost all of my retirement in the stock market this year. I purchased a couple of weeks ago a very nice 2001 Harley HD Springer for 4-5,000 under value which is a better investment than the stock market. Now, if I could do that all year I could actually make a big profit and quit working. However. even I know the likely hood of that happening is very slim.
  20. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Sorry to hear about the 1st part & it don't help to say you're not alone. Nice to hear about the 2nd part though & it's an indication of where things will go - "business as usual" on Wall St. is gone & won't ever return. But I'm betting the markets will do what they've always done - swing to things of real value & away from "funny money" on paper or in computers that's not backed up by anything. One stock I've held is a utility that got hammered along with the rest, but being on the dividend re-investment program for years I own more shares than I paid for & even @ today's prices the total value is way more than I paid. I kept that one for my son 'cause one of the last things people will quit paying is their electric bill ;)