1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, Oct 21, 2008.

1. tim

tim New Member

Its not who's in the Whitehouse, it is who's mandating what emissions the heavy duty truck makers in particular had to meet for 2007 emissions. They needed to lower the Diesel particulate out of the exhaust stacks and to help in doing that the Feds required the refiners to lower the sulpher Content in the Diesel fuel. I work for a major Truck Manufacture that is the only reason i know any of this.It is just one reason why Diesel fuel is a bit more expensive then Gasoline right now.
  2. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

$2.40 Reg $3.14 diesel :banghead:
  4. rickster

rickster New Member

1.84 & 2.14 prem.
  5. usahellas

usahellas New Member

Good Morning, Yesterday on my way home I saw regular for 1.99$ and Premium for 2.29$ per gallon. It sure was nice to see it under 2.00$ again. Especially after that sting of over 4.00$ per gallon due to that hurricane then not being able to find any here in Atlanta for weeks! MAN I sure am glad that is over.
  6. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

It was worse here in western North Carolina & regular just got down to $2.37 yesterday (premium = $2.59). And until we build some new storage facilities & refineries (no new ones in over 30 years), the next time a hurricane comes we'll go thru it all over again. That's because this area is supplied by 2 pipelines, both of which start near the Gulf of Mexico & one goes thru Atlanta, so you get gas before we do.

The oil companies would build new facilities if they could, but as it stands, it'd take an army of lawyers 7-10 years to get the permits to even start. So unless CONgress makes major changes to the regulatory structure things ain't gonna get any better. And since crude oil now sells for less than it costs to get it to the refineries it will go back up in price. Impossible to say when in this crazy market, but you can be sure the prices will not stay down indefinitely.
  7. usahellas

usahellas New Member

my neighbors son goes to western carolina university and she was telling me that they were still having some issues. Yup aware of that pipeline problem. I often drive past the one storage facility in Doraville. A few weeks back trucks were lined up for blocks with North and South Carolina license plates.
  8. SK

SK New Member

It's $2.33 here in Las Vegas for the cheap stuff..really come down over the past few weeks. We get our gas through a pipeline from S.California, so it ain't gonna be as cheap as other places like the midwest. Still..not complaining.
  9. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

1.73 wonder how low it will go
  10. usahellas

usahellas New Member

DANG, lucky you!! We are still at 1.99$
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

not gonna stay low for long..................to many pockets need refilling.................................BS!!!!!!!:mad:
  12. rickster

rickster New Member

1.77 & 2.07 for prem.
  13. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Where is the Congressional Inquiry on why the prices have dropped?:gah:
  14. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Don't need a Congressional inquiry, all you have to do is look @ crude oil prices. As of 9:55 this evening, December delivery on the N.Y. Mercantile exchange (CLZ08.NYM) is $59.16, which is less than the cost of production (when I commented on 3 Nov. it was $67.26). There's always lots of talk about who's manipulating the markets & why, but market forces are far more powerful than politicians, governments & oil co. execs. Do not expect the price to stay down there - even though it may dip lower, it will go back up, simply because producers are not going to sell for a loss for any appreciable length of time.
  15. rickster

rickster New Member

back up

went up .12 to 1.89 today
  16. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hey rickster...........that figure 8 racing.....i used to watch it alot.....dont see it much here in TEXAS.........is there a circuit??? web link?????:)
  17. rickster

rickster New Member

no real circuit, just local & county fairgrounds with small dirt tracks around Iowa. raced 10 years & inspected at a local track another 4. Wife said quit & we could get a H-D. nuff said, we BOTH enjoy the bike.
  18. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

One of my customers just returned from Dubai.....the price of gas was equivalent to about .27 per gallon.....Makes you want to :puke: don't it!? Plus all of these young guys are driving Ferrari's and such. Ok, time to :puke: again....
  19. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

AS of 11-12-08 1.92 for reg. here in knoxville, tn
  20. blue_ultra

blue_ultra New Member

It's $1.85 for regular in Calhoun,GA.