1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Getting sideways

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

Love this pic of Johnny Murphrey in action in a grand national. :eek:

[​IMG]

They ran the flat track last night in Hockley, Texas, about 2 1/2 hours max from my house. I wanted to go, but I banged up my back at the races last weekend and it's not feeling too good yet. So, I'll have to wait on the new flat track series up there. Most of the guys that go were at Texas World Speedway this weekend anyway running an 8 hour big bike endurance, so I might not have had any company, no fun at all. When I was working Saturdays I couldn't make it out there, but now, yeah, I quit the job at Houston Kaw. I just wasn't making enough up there to justify it. One week I had a whole FOUR hours on my check! Sheesh! Yeah, it was rainy, but heck, I ain't putting up with that traffic and the hassles for that! And, I already began to get behind in my business here just doing that three days a week, so I decided to hang the steady income and concentrate on working here out of my shop. I'm dealing little dirt bikes from China, too, "joint venture" bikes with the Japanese companies. Seems the Japanese companies have gotten together with the Chinese, the Japanese supply the engineering and tooling, designs, the Chinese supply political prisoners for labor or something. :rolleyes: Anyway, the bikes are basically Japanese designs at a lot lower price, some real bargains. Most folks looking for a bike for the kids know the kid'll outgrow it in a few years and if they can get a clone bike for less, they'll do it. I've sold some so far and have an inventory now of 50, 90, and one 150cc bikes. Between the sales and MC repair business, I'm not doing bad and my investments pay the bills, so I don't need all that much, just money to play on.

The wife got another job nursing. Yeah, SK, it must be nice to just be able to up and quit your job and be working again next week somewhere else, LOL. Nurses are in HIGH demand! She worked for the state doing social work (her other degree) for 12 years and got burn out and fed up with it all. Lots of politics to put up with in a job like that. I don't think I'd ever made it more'n a few months doing that!

So, anyway, I need to get on that motel reservation list cause it looks like I'll be able to make it out this labor day. Hope to see y'all soon! Screw working, it gets in the way of having fun!