1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Getting the trip bag ready

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by voodoo1, Jun 7, 2007.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I've pulled a trailer for years. There great and can be extremely handy. We have a tent trailer and for camping they can't be beat. Jackass you say, no just smarter. ;)
  2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Hey FLHT, is that bike you show the "new" one you got? Don't know if it is or not, but I like it. I like the color scheme....:)

Anyway, as far as pulling a trailer....who cares, do what you like. Larry the cable guy is funny, but I bet he don't ride. :devil: :rolleyes: He's probably one of those douchebags with a 6-pack on the seat while he's driving......(I could be wrong, happens all the time) :D
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

ol' larry has an act, he is funny and i like watching him. he tells jokes about everything and everybody. from what i understand he is 180* from his act. dont be to hard on him, as he is just a comedian, telling jokes.
  4. FLHTbiker

Voodoochild, that's the new one I got last fall. 07 SE Ultra. I like the bike but have got to keep it out of the hands of the HD mechanics here at the local shop as every time I take it in for its 1,000 and 5000 check up they always seem to screw something else up. If i did not have the pre-paid maintenance with them for three years I would go someplace else.

As for the trailers they sure can make a difference when camping. Cargo trailer even comes in really handy when heading home after a rally and the wife is done shopping. One year she bought one of those vibrating recliner chairs at Street Vibrations in Reno and wanted me to figure out how to put it in the cargo trailer. :eek: She shipped that one home.:rolleyes:

Larry the cable guy would have had a real good time with that one had he seen it. :)

I make the wife pull the trailer now with her Valkyrie trike I built for her. :devil:
  5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Ya'll have to realize for any joke to be funny because there has to an element of truth to it...and that joke is funny! And I find it real hard to believe that some of you guys that pull trailers now didn't think a little bit like ol' Larry the first time or two that you saw a trailer behind a bike, wondering "WTF is that?".

I'd probably be pulling a trailer and all if I traveled with others. But I don't. Not against it too much, just works out that way. A whole lot less to worry about, too, and unlike most other things I do (like hunting, fishing, seeing a show, etc) I don't feel the experience is lessened by not sharing it with others. Riding really is about freedom for me, even if being free means a little inconvenience.

If ya look on my avatar you see Ol' Red loaded down for a 2 week August trek through NV, UT, CO, and WY. Two hard saddlebags and a US gov issue flight bag, not even full. Stayed in a motel two different nights. No, I couldn't dress for dinner at any fine restaurants or camp out anywhere that was too cold, but I fixed that by riding on till I found what suited me and my condition. Which is why I ride anyway.
    :cheers:
  6. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I wasn't sure FLHT, but I thought so. Nice ride.....and good idea bout havin the wife pull the trailer. Good idea to not let the monkeys work on your bike.....they couldn't fix mine, but I did. Go figure?!

Larry the cable guy is funny, I gotta admit. He just obviously don't ride that's all. :roflmao:

I'm with you Red, I ride for me, not for anyone else. I'm probably the ONE guy who rides a harley that doesn't always wear a half shell helmet. Depending on my mood, potential riding conditions, etc, I ride with a full face on. And, Yes, I get my balls busted constantly for it but I have to be a role model for my daughter. I always make her wear a full face helmet when she rides her quad, so I don't want to be a hypocrite. It's especially funny when I go to my tattoo shop and I walk in with my helmet......my tattoo artist just shakes his head. :eek: :D Ah, well, who cares....
  7. FLHTbiker

Right on you gotta do what you want and good for you Voodoochild for setting a good example for your daughterf. :)
  8. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

One thing I've learned about parenting, they (children) learn by watching what you do, not saying what to do. That is the truth and by wearing the full face helmet and taking thr ribbing, your daughter will learn to wear the full face helmet whenever she rides. That's way cool dude!!!:)
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  9. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Yeah, well, it's something my dad never knew. It was always "do as I say, not as I do".........Whatever. I will take my ribbin, I don't mind. I got thicker skin than that, and besides, I THINK my chances are better at surviving a wreck with a real helmet on, so I really wear it for my kids. I want to be around for a while, ya know?! (there's alot of people I ain't done pissin off yet!! :roflmao: :eek: )

Thanks for the encouragement guys....
  10. chucktx

after thinking a bit more....and ya not pullin a trailer, or have a bagger, i came up with this tool kit......
    You really only need only two tools. WD-40 and duct tape...
    If it doesn't move and it should - use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't - use the tape.:)
  11. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I agree with fix-a-flat and the "headlight" (flashlight on the headband). Do you have the SAE cable on your battery that hooks up to a battery tender? If so, you can get an attachment that gives you the cigarette lighter charger thingy, which I have used to charge both my cellphone and my iPod. Also, yesterday, I bought in-ear earbuds for my iPod and now I can hear the music over the Vance and Hines. Great for the those long flat highways.

I'm sitting here at my campsite looking around...

Bathing suit, small towel (for your body), m/c drying cloth, sunscreen, body wipes in case you can't get a shower when you want one, a white long sleeve shirt in case the sun is just too much, a roll of quarters, tiny little packets of tide for washing your underwear in the sink (Walgreens).

I'll keep thinking, I have a list on my blog of things I'm glad I brought with me.
  12. chucktx

any pics of you and the bathing suit?????:D :) ;)
  13. chucktx

a bit late with the blog also.......lol lol just kidding, take it easy and get a good nites rest!!!!!!:D
  14. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

No, but I look just like the woman in your avatar. ;)
  15. chucktx

whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

i thought so!!!!!!!!;)