1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Glide Pro

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cardboard, Sep 26, 2011.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

my theorys hold more water than those vids, in my opinion.
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

The factory mounts are rubber, the rubber over time can wear and become loose. The Glide Pro mounts are made out of polly eurathane. Gas and oil don't deterate than , They last longer and are made out of a harder material.
    I know buddy's that has had flex in their bikes from running them hard and laying the bikes hard in curves. He acutally got a wobble from his bike in a curve. When he got home from a trip it put it up on a table and started lookin at it.
    The front motor mount on a 03 EG with a 97 cu was about to fall out. He replaced it with the Glide Pro and said he could tell a big difference when he hits a curve now. The wobble was totally gone.
    I know people that has had a problem and it cured the problem.
  3. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Anyone who races knows to replace their rubber bushings with polyurethane bushings. The only draw back to poly is it will create a harshness in the suspensions and usually starts to squeak and rattle after it breaks in, but it will last longer than rubber. I'm more into a smoother ride considering this is a "touring" bike so I don't care that much about buying these. And I don't believe in the notion that gas and oil will deteriorate the rubber since I don't have gas and oil all over them anyway. The stay relatively clean.

The videos where thought provoking but as I found out, you can't force the engine and driveline into alignment. The next day I ended up unbolting the adjusters and letting the engine sit where it wants.

One last note about the dreaded wobble. On my bike whenever it starts to wobble is an indication to me that the rear shocks are wore out. Whenever I put new rear shocks on - the wobble goes away.

If I find that I really need to scrap the floor boards all the time then I think I'd better trade it in for a crotch rocket. JMO

CB, thanks for the input though.