1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Go West My Son!

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by JohnnyBiker, Mar 3, 2013.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Always have the HOG card with me. Check on the rest.
  2. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Johnny, I've never carried an extra sparkplug nor the socket. On the twin cams, sparkplugs will last almost forever. I went 100,000 on the original plugs, and they still looked good when I changed them with similar $2 plugs.

I do have a good set of tools that I carry but have never used. It's a lot of weight in the left bag so I offset it with the gas can in the right bag.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Tire plug kit, you never get a flat next to a tire store, ever... At least it will get you to the next town, and a can of fix a flat, you have to air it back up....
  4. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Yes, forgot to mention that. I carry a Stop n Go tire plugger with a small air compressor in my left saddlebag. Those Fix a Flat aerosol cans freeze and burst in the winter months.
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

If you pass through Minnesota, let me know when you will be through. Maybe I can swing meeting you and riding to the border to South Dakota? Just a thought.
  6. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I'll be there for a couple of days, staying in Rapid City at the Family Inn on the old Strugis highway. August 2- 6 th.