1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I ride with who I like to ride with. I'm too old to worry about what others think of my bike. I get some confused looks when I ride up on the FXRS. I haven't told them it's a Sportster yet :)
    FLHTbiker likes this.
  2. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I'm into long distance touring. The GW has won that award 18+ years in a row so I did go look at one a couple years ago. The dealership wouldn't let me test ride it. I told him Nobody is dropping 25,000+$ on something and not test ride it. Apparently I wasn't the only he didn't let test ride it. They have been out of business about 5-6 years now.

I am only 5'7. The GW instep is to high for me anyways. And plus as a lifetime HD rider I wasn't sure I'd regret purchasing it. 25,000+$ is mad bank.

The new F6B looks cool I think. I wouldn't buy it. I'm old,I am what I am. Don't have the money or the time any more to make expensive experiments or mmistakes.
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

The Resurrection Rider's bikes around here are all metric and mostly GW's. I park my bike right in the midst of them when I visit the church they attend. A few will look askance at the ol' shovel, but so far no bad comments. But there are no good comments, either LOL. To each his own and . . . ride on!
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Can't help it but, MAN ARE THOSE GW'S FUGLY!!!!
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

They are smooth but I could never ride one again. I sure like the nimbleness of my 99 Triumph Trophy I picked up for 2500.00