1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Great day for a ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by bguillory66, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Also, I have a second seat that came with the Fat Boy, "Sundowner" is a brand. This seat is cushy and more comfortable than the stock Fat Boy dual saddle especially for my wife (when she was able to ride). I put it on the bike when I travel out of state for my own butts sake.
  2. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

I found a seat rebuilder/modifier going by the business name of Mean City Cycles. Read a lot of good reviews on him, emailed him and he responded quickly. Gave him my height and weight a he recommended a seat modification for me about half the price of a new seat. Don't remember the name of the one HRK recommended but think I might go this route. He also has the gel inserts but recommended for my weight to go with a double memory foam type, gel for heavier guys.:D
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I looked up his site , guess he thinks all bikers are over 225 lbs ,:rolleyes: thats the lightes weight I seen on his seat builds ,I'll shot him a email later with what I looking to do with my softail seat & go from there , if you go with him let us know after a good ride
  4. bguillory66

Went ahead and sheduled my seat modification with Mean City Cycle, just need to box it up and ship it. Will get it back in May...good thing I have 2 seats would hate to go that long with no ride. Actually he tells you the day he will complete and do the seat, you just have to make sure the seat gets to his shop the day before at the latest so really only about a week turnaround or less if you pay for NDA shipping. Will let ya'll know how it turns out when I get it back.:D
  5. Fatboy128

I looked into my files and found that Mean City is the guy that HRK recommended and that I was in touch with for my seat. I would really be interested in your outcome so if and when I get the cash to do it.
  6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I sure would like to find a stock one piece seat of a SE Ultra to fit my bike.
  7. Fatboy128

Go to Mean City web page. He has photos of the seats he has done. Some look excellent and even like stock. He uses your seat though.
    http://www.meancitycycles.com/
  8. cardboard

I'm super well of that. I do not want to use my seat.
    I want a SE Ultra ONe piece seat. It has heated controls for the front and back
    Think it already has gel in it too.
    Had a buddy that took his off and put a different seat on it.
    One of his buddy's got it before I could ask.

I knew about mean city cycles years ago.
  9. Fatboy128

Well it's Sunday morn and the rainy, chilly, raw weather is breaking just for the morning going to church (that means my ride). Last night I laid out my clothes for a chilly ride in the spare bathroom (so as not to disturb the wife). Got up usual time, 4:30am and as I'm starting the coffee pot phone rings. The youngest son and his wife are at the hospital, the twins are on the way! They live in PA.
    Wake the wife, she wants to go to be there for her baby whos gonna be a dad. Change my clothes, pack up the Harley (the chocolate lab), all his toys, bed, food, pack cooler for human stuff, pack overnite bags, load up SUV and hit the road. 15 mins into 3 hour drive phone rings. Maybe a False alarm. Go home. Leave SUV packed, wait, wait. Phone rings, they sent them home. Doc says "Not yet but soon".

Club already met and hit the road.

Man I hate phones! :cussing:
  10. cowboy

Lmao been there more then once but now you have extra wife points , Congrets on the twins grand pa
  11. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Now that is the start to a bad day that could have been a good day. Yea, many times phones suck. Good luck with the Twins, they will brighten up your day when they do happen.:)
  12. Fatboy128

Thanks guys. We are on standby. These twins will make #8 and #9 grandkids. Then in August, one of the 3 sons in AZ is expecting their 2nd which will make 10 grandkids! Holy smoke. As Groucho once said "I like my cigar but I take it out once in a while".

I think that since I'm 29 years old, 10 is quite an accompishment! :eek:
  13. cowboy

29 lmao heck then i'am 28 & have 9 grandkids & 3 great kids lol @ 60 the kids numbers are right don't think I would want to 28 again , that was the tail end of coming out of a fog
  14. Fatboy128

It felt sooo good "comin out of the fog" and still having most of our lives in front of us to see light! :D
  15. FLHTbiker

Many of us have come out of the fog so to speak at some point in our lives. I would like to go back to high school and start over. Boy would I do things differently, providing I knew what I know today. For starters I would run from that girl friend in high school, cause I married her:eek:
    Yep, brains weren't in the top of my head then. :rolleyes:
  16. bguillory66

Oldest daughter had twins couple years ago..#7 & #8 grandkids for us. Twins are really fun, specially since I can't tell which is which:roflmao:
  17. bguillory66

Mean City does the gel and heated seats also, maybe you can find a used one peice on ebay.

Did get a ride in today for a few hours, weather is good and I made sure to put the sunblock on this time:roflmao:
  18. FLHTbiker

Man please, it's still raining:banghead:
  19. Fatboy128

Raining here also. We had a tease a couple of weeks ago; 70's for 2 weeks then the bottom fell out low 30's at night and mid forties days. Plus rain. But not as much rain as you guys in the Northwest are getting! :puke:
  20. cardboard

The OL and me got up and rode 400 miles yesterday. Rode up to Coffee City on Lake Palestine.
    I came home from riding in 86* weather and laid down and took a nap.
    The heat is gittin to me faster this year. Humidity was high.

Its 88* today. And the sun is super bright.