1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Great day for a ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by bguillory66, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Enjoy it! :witsend:
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Hope yea ain't bitching about the weather:rolleyes: If yea are I can send you some of our rain....but wait starting this Sat. It's going to be sunny and dry for a whole 4 fu@king days with a high of 58 :D. Gonna have to get ready and ride.
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Good riding weather is just around the corner - even for our friends way up north. Today we have a 30% chance of rain. Think I'll risk a ride this morning to Hardee's for a little breakfast and camaraderie.
  4. joshbob

Went out this morning for another ride even though it was threatening to rain. Saw Tattoo at his shop and he started up this Harley he just got thru putting in all kinds of hot stuff. Ear splitting sound - had to plug up my ears and he's standing there grinning like a Cheshire cat revving it up. Sounded like a Harley you would see at the drag strip.

I have developed a significant leak at the tranny main shaft. Soon as one thing gets fixed, something else happens . . . But at least I got home without getting wet!
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I ride pretty much everyday now. I don't care if it is 45* or 75* outside, I will be out.

Hey JoshBob, getting wet is part of riding my man. :D
  6. joshbob

Yes, but I try to avoid it whenever I can - no front fender you know, and only half a rear fender.;)
  7. JohnnyBiker

Last summer Hot Rider and I went to South Dakota and we were wet pretty muck the whole time. 500 miles of soggyness. :D
  8. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Tourpac and rain coats in it.
  9. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

Got a call from Mean City today, they finished my seat and are shipping today, probably won't get it before the weekend, can't waite to try it out.:cool:
  10. JohnnyBiker

Awesome!! :worthless:
  11. Fatboy128

I shipped mine yesterday, won't be done until the 25th (I'll be in AZ soon, that's why I shipped so early). Waiting to see your photos of it and remarks!
  12. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

I know you already ordered the seat, but I have Sundowners on both my Low Rider and StreetGlide, and swear they are the most comfortable seat I've had on both bikes.

Just finished my trip to Alaska (2,400 miles in 3 days) and even after riding 800 miles each day, ass was still good but the whole bike is very comfortable (after installing EG rear shocks), especially with cruise control and tunes in my helmet. Bike just turned over 96,000 miles and hasn't cost me a nickel in repairs. Still has original sparkplugs.
  13. bguillory66

Thats cool Alex, I checked on buying a seat but decided to just get mine reworked...less than half the price of most of the new ones I looked at. Hope it lives up to Mean City reputation:D
  14. alex the dog

I don't know anything about their seats. The Sundowner (H-D) is a big seat and some folks don't like the looks of a big seat, but who cares when when you've got a lot of miles to cover. Good luck with it Bob.

Pictures didn't post above.

Attached Files:

15. Fatboy128

I have Sundowner, it's good but nothing like what you have. Mine has the exposed seams just like the stock saddle. It has more padding and room for the OL but it pushes me closer to the handlebars. Here it is when the OL was able to ride. It really was like the old King/Queen seats except it had saddles. I've since removed it and the sissy bar with back rest

Attached Files:

16. alex the dog

Beautiful bike Fatboy!
  17. Fatboy128

Thanx bro.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  18. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Did the Oregon 500 ride today. Total mileage today was 475. No time for pics as the only time we stopped was at a checkpoint to get our stamp and the next set of directions plus gas and cheap fast food in the gas station store. Stopped for pizza at one place then hit the road again. Long day, then on Monday head for AZ.i
  19. bguillory66

Got the seat back today..first thing I see is a repaired tear that I think was ther before just wasn't as noticable as it is now. Wish they would have stiched it up from the inside, or called me and gave me a price to recover that section. All in all I can tell the padding is thicker, will have to wait to try it out though.
    [​IMG]
    the first thing I saw,if knot was on inside would be less noticeable
    [​IMG]
    compared to the one I got last summer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    is this enough pics for u JB:roflmao: