1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

GREAT Days At The Pump

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Dec 10, 2014.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

wal mart isn't a big azz friggin power generating dam with fish
    living around it on a river.

My neighbor builds y'all marts, he says Ya'll mart just buys up a bunch of
    natural land where they don't want a store and make a trade for the old protected
    maybe give the greenies two acres for every one they want... or more.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Walmart's here build in normal places and don't make waves
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Here depot builds next to wetlands and grade their parking lots into the creeks. We aren't greenies we just want our native wild brook trout to survive a few more years.
    We got two canceled due to their proximity to a pristine stream. After all, there are 6 h depots within 20 mins of my house. They over built to block Lowes.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. FLHTbiker

Our Home Depot built on a old landfill, there are still big pipes coming out of the ground venting some of the Methane gas off from the dump. Some of the gas gets piped down to the Mill on the river.
    They don't get away with building on wetlands here. Besides where would all the Canadian Geese winter then.
  5. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Regardless..I thought protected wet lands meant just that.
  6. FLHTbiker

Ours are
  7. FLHTbiker

8. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

As are ours...
  9. Fatboy128

Here ya can't build within 200 feet of wetlands. That's BS. Like I said we (trout unlimited) protested because one depot parking lot drains into s spring creek that has brookies

10. hotroadking

It's not what you think. Business can barter land deals to use a protected area provided the trade more land into that class elsewhere. Do you still have say 100 protected acres but it's not the same 100

badinfluence63 likes this.
  11. Oldphule

Oldphule Member

In Calgary Alberta regular is $.789/litre ($2.98 gal) - that's best price in years. But when I visit you I have to pay $1.198 CDN for each $1.00 USD. I think it's still a good deal. So see you in the spring.
  12. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I heard on TV yesterday that higher taxes are coming for gas.
  13. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

That's fine. Least I made it 1/2 way thru the winters fuel heat with low prices. Last year it was 3.46-3.69. Last fill up I pad 2.33 yuuuuuupthatvwas awsome.
  14. Fatboy128

Of course the effin demo/libs gotta get the dough to pay for all the freebies they give away plus, they will punish the global warming contributing gasoline and fuel oil users !

15. marc 55

Be happy you do not live in Europe...They pay a lot more than we do...
  16. Fatboy128

So that's makes it ok???

17. marc 55

Did not say that...Just a comment about our moan and bitch society...I loved the time I spent in Europe...Learned a lot...A lot of the price they pay is taxes that are spent to maintain their roads unlike us and which are far superior to ours...This is one of the reasons that fuel needs to be taxed in my opinion...Expensive fuel was one of the main reasons their cars were initially so much more economical to operate than ours for so long...It was not until the price of fuel went up in the USA that we started to bitch and moan about prices and then all of a sudden we were interested in cars that were much more economical than the ones we made...Can't piss gas away like we use to...My opinion is many still think we have a right to inexpensive fuel...We don't...JMHO...
  18. FLHTbiker

Personally feel we pay enough in fuel taxes, Federal and State. The problem is they don't use it wisely then want more and threaten to not fix roads unless they get more. A democrat controlled county in Portland (Multnoma) is putting a new measure on their ballot. None of the choices lower the tax increase or leave the current tax as it is. All choices increase it and they get way more than they need. We have to learn to spend within our budgets by not giving the money already designated for road repair to other un-needed projects. Like bike paths which this county did and now they are short on funds for road repair. But what do you expect for progressive liberals.
  19. Fatboy128

Marc 55 you live in NJ come buy gas in NY. Out on the island We pay more than .45 per gallon more than you due to taxes for the roads, or so they say. NYC residents get whacked even more. Your right though, NJ residents should pay more than they are !

20. hotroadking

Actually it's the new R in the senate that are agreeing to the increased tax, it was coming, when you mandate 40 MPG cars, and you jack up oil making gas $4 people stop driving,

When the CAFE for the fleet doubles ie from 10 mpg ave to 20 mpg well, you buy less gas

So, driving less, buying less, now what could that do to the tax base of the Feds. Hmmm... brilliant

So they want to raise the tax to offset the deduction in prices
    from the oil companies. Yeah brilliant, we'll just drive even less.

RIght now i'm looking at a Nissan Leaf I shid you not, for the majority of the day driving we do it will work, and I can rent a big ass gas car from the airport close by if I want to take a long trip.

Go ahead raise my taxes, I'll buy two leafs...