1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

GREAT Days At The Pump

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Dec 10, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

My real 07 Dodge 4X4 4 door full size truck gets 23 on the highway and I can out pull that baby Deisel hands down.
    cowboy likes this.
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I can get 20 with my F150. Most of my trips are short so a diesel wouldn't get fully warmed up and efficient. Oil changes cost more. If I drove lots maybe a diesel but for now, no
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  3. FLHTbiker

HRK, If you were pulling somthing heavy like a 5th Wheel or large trailer then you would want something like what a Deisel offers. We used my 14 foot motorcycle trailer when a bunch of us went back to DC. One guy drove his F-150 with the small V-8 pulling my trailer while the rest of us rode. (One guy couldn't ride much as he was ill). That F-150 got less than 10 MPG pulling my motorcycle trailer and had a really tuff time in the mountains.
    I'll stick to my full size real Dodge with a real Deisel in it.
    Just as a side note the guy that was ill can no longer ride due to seizures and is having a tough go of it now. He would ride then when he got tired we would put his bike in the trailer. He is an ex Army Vietnam vet and it was really important for him that he reach the Vietnam wall in D.C.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  4. FLHTbiker

Here is a map of them and the areas they live in and why

image.jpg
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah Dodge was a beast, did you see Nisssans new Pickup, USA built, and you can get a Cummins D in it USA made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. FLHTbiker

Wouldn't buy any new Japanese truck or car and never will. I love my 2007 Dodge 2500 Laramie 6.7 Turbo Diesel and our 2 Ford cars. :D
  7. hotroadking

The number one USA made vehicle is the Ford F-150, for obvious reasons they have to make as much here as they can...

There is no more Dodge pickup truck, it's RAM and it's 100% owned by Italian auto maker Fiat. In a way it's good because without Fiat Mopar would be gone.

GM was a union payoff so that still sits in my craw, no money for them anymore, I'd buy a Japanese truck before I'd buy a GM, Titans and Tundras are made in the USA in Texas.

BTW the Toyota and Nissan trucks have more US content than the GMC/Chevy trucks, so does Honda, higher us Domestic produced content.

Ford is still top, then honda, then Dodge but that's now Fiat.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/top-10/top-8-most-american-trucks-for-2014.html
  8. FLHTbiker

Have you looked at a new Dodge lately and drove one. They are very nice. I don't like Japanese cars or trucks period.
    I think Fiat buying up Dodge was a good thing and the name Dodge is still there.
  9. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

The new Chrysler 200 really impressed me appearance wise inside and out, have not driven it far yet. Not sure if it is a Fiat/Mopar product or if it was on the drawing board before the merger. I think Fiat owns Ferrari now also, maybe?
  10. FLHTbiker

Had to take my new Mustang in for some added items they agreed to do and they gave me a loaner fairly new Chrysler 200. The gear shifter is a round knob you turn to put in Drive or any other position. Car drove very well had plenty of power and on the freeway I was getting 36 MPG. What would keep me from owning one was the front seats. I'm sure they fit most people but the lumbar support at the bottom pushed into the small of my back even with the switch turned all the way into the in position. Wife said the same thing and after awhile it actually hurt me but having had two lower back surgeries I just couldn't take it. My new to me Mustang feels great as does my wife Ford Taurus, that has got to be one of the most comfortable cars to sit in that the Wife and I have ever owned.
  11. hotroadking

Nope. I don't care if you get $1000 cash a hooker and free service for life

Dodge is dead to me. It'. Survived by the D stealing it away from
    Bond holders and shareholders using my tax dollars to shore up the UAW

you can say what you want about saving jobs but it stole the life savings from
    Millions of shareholders and bond holders most of wh were mom and pops

Never GM. AND NEVER FIAT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. FLHTbiker

Well you better stick to Ford or pull your eyelids back and suck it up in a Japanese truck.
  13. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I like the looks on the Nissan truck , But don't think it will do the work of any of my three Dodge 2500 Cummins , I have no use for a short bed truck no matter who makes it 8 ft is just about right for my use ,
    my wife is on her second kia Sorento & only reason she traded in her first one was her R A & it was a 6 spd new one has auto trans , Kia is a great S U V for it's size & with me driving it gets 28 mpg Iam sure she gets up in the 30 + mpg where all three of my Dodges get 20-24 mpg
  14. FLHTbiker

Toyota didn't have the name Toy on them for nothing.

My dodge is a 6.5 bed and wished I had got the 8 foot bed at times. However with the four door version it's hard enough in parking spaces.
  15. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

My 05 4x4 has the 4 doors & 8 ft bed love it , other people around me in a parking lot don't , but tough ship on them I have it for my needs not theres
  16. FLHTbiker

I bought mine at the time for my needs not others.
  17. FLHTbiker

Found out last night that the daughters husband was down at a Ford dealer looking at new Ford trucks.
  18. hotroadking

That's good, the new F150 is nice,

It's interesting though the debate on buy USA, yeah I'll get a ford no Sushi trucks or spaghetti Fiat 4x4's.

I don't need a long bed, mines more commute, pick up shidt from lowes and haul ass truck.... Don't want a Colorado/Tacoma either but they are good trucks.

Ford, all the rest are foreign owned or Government bought.
  19. FLHTbiker

I don't even like the looks of the new Chevy trucks all that well especially sense they went to that flared out fender look.

Dodge truck to me look pretty sharp and still like em, won't buy one as don't need one.
    Toy trucks look like they copy the Body style of an F-150 and a somewhat of a Dodge. No thanks never liked Toy trucks or their cars.
  20. hotroadking

Dodge looks good my nephew is a part owner in a Mopar Jeep store in TN
    my other is a GM at a Toyota dealer.