1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Great Smokey Mountain Bike Week

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by sarge7, Feb 3, 2009.

1. west940

west940 New Member

I have ridden US 27 from Chattanooga TN to Somerset KY. From Chattanooga going north it is four lane to just below Spring City, where it is under construction for a short stretch. Then it is two lane from there north. It is a fun ride.
  2. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Haven't riden/driven 27 but it looks like it runs west of Knoxville. Once you get to the Knoxville area, you can get on US 441 which goes directly to Sevierville/Pigon Forge. Good road, good ride. Also US 321 is a good road/ride that goes through Wears Valley and comes out in Pigeon Forge.
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Thanks for the info - I'll check it out before I take off and make a final call on my route. Hope to meet up with you all at the rally.
  4. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Taking off on Sun for the trip - Looks like a little wet weather ahead -but what the Hell; a free bath is a free bath. And I know that my ride likes the rain; got caught in it last weekend and the E3's held the road great. Didn't make any hi speed runs while it was raining but at 50 mph the bike ran great.
    Hope to see ya'll there on the 17th.
    RIDE SAFE - RIDE FREE
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

stay safe and have fun!!!!!!!!! and if ya can, post up some pics!!
  6. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Thanks Chuck - will have pics and video when I get back.
  7. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Well - Finally got back from TN.- Great week of ridin; I took you guys advice about ridin the DRAGON on a weekday, but still had a god awful amount of traffic to deal with.
    Several crouch rockets playing MOTO GP and a TN. highway crew putting asphalt down in the western end on the curves and berms. Made for some interresting riding.
    Started raining after I left the west end and had to take the foothills parkway to beat feet back to the hotel in Pigeon Forge.
    Made part of a run on the DEVIL'S Triangle and got to run thriugh the Park on 441 - good road ;great sites and a few crotch rockets who don't know to slow down to the speed limit and enjoy what nature has to offer.
    Also noticed that the tree of shame in Deal's Gap has no harley parts hanging off it just crotch rocket parts. Do ya think that says something?
    In any event it was a good ride except Sunday when I had to delay pulling out for home due to heavy rain; waited 2 hours then finaaly got on the road but ran right back into the rain for 40 miles till I hit the TN/KY line from there on it was 80-85 mph all the way home.
    Can't wait for the next run - maybe Daytona or Little Sturgis - But this ole man gonna make a run - The good Lord willing.

TAKE CARE RIDE SAFE!
  8. chucktx

cool!!!!! glad your back safe!!!! cant wait to see the pics!!
  9. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

:gah: I can't get the pics I took to upload - any ideas?
  10. chucktx

what message do you get???
  11. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Nothing- Will try to put them on You-Tube then add a link from here.
  12. chucktx

you can email them to me and i will try to post them for you.....

ckn111@yahoo.com
  13. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

sarge7 sounds like you had a good time , good to see you back safe