1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Group riding

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

The truth is that HDs were not the reliable long distance bike to own back in the 70's (my time). I rode with a club of mixed brands and on our long runs we all kept our fingers crossed that one of the Electra glides wouldn't break. One friend was die hard HD. His two saddle bags were full of tools. He and his wife would pack their clothes in the tour pack. The joke was he kept a black and decker workmate in one of the bags. On our annual Laconia trip there would be pickup truck after pickup truck hauling Harley's up. Now don't get me wrong, I as many other non HD riders lusted for a Harley. But as a second bike not one to have to travel distances on. At one point after my first wife died I owned a '81 Suzuki gs1100 ex, '81 honda cb900f super sport and a 79 cb650. I went put put a down payment on a 81 electraglide 80. But then I met my current wife and had to pull in the expenditures. Everyone of the HD guys eventually switched over to gold wings in order to ride many thousands of miles without issue. Today they are back in HDs. Yes, executives joined in cause it became chic to ride a Harley but many others recognized the progress to reliable American hardware and bought too. Just saying brother
  2. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Bandwagon jumper...And you probably wear azzless chaps,do rags and fingerless gloves too,lol.:kiss:
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Ha! Never in my life will I wear a doo rag. My gloves are elk skin ropers during hot to cool weather never fingerless. My leather jacket is always on no matter the hot weather. Chaps, yep they happen to be azz less but only to make the rest of you guys jealous!
  4. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

So you say...as long as you continue to not wear your pants under your chaps that'll be a secret sign to your fellow Wing dingers.:)