1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Gun Class

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Mar 7, 2009.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

No problem with the book, its good stuff. I've been involved in competition shooting most of my life. While most of it involved black powder it still requires a whole lot of skill. I shot on a league for a few years as well using a match 22 Ruger semi auto. Nice pistol but left it at a gun shop for work and it was stolen, never seen it sense and the cops could care less. :mad:

Your right about one thing and that is practice as if you don't either know how to use it, well you won't remember how to when needed either. If you practice dry firing at home never never with a clip in the piece.

I still use hollow points in the 380 as the first round goes to the head then the neck and down. In a rush situation well he better not be wearing a bullet proof vest and I miss the head cause then I'm screwed.:D

I have a few boxes of FMJ 380 rounds I keep as well. I'll load one clip with hollow and the other with FMJ rounds. :D
  2. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Our standing rule was ammo was not allowed in the room AT ALL while conducting class. Save on something I don't believe in, Accidental Discharge. It is never an accident it is being careless and it can be quite deadly. Empty mags or dummy rounds are wonderful while practicing at home. Mag changes are super important (unless you don't carry extras but I don't see why you wouldn't LOL). The practice rounds are good at the range as well for malfunction drills.

You can never be too careful or over practiced (unless you are practicing a bad habit, OH BOY can those be fun to break).