1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Gun Control

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Dec 17, 2012.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

OK you carry and like guns so I'm not pickin on ya but the comment isn't making sense to me, it's illogical, at least from my persective so I'm just gonna lay out some stuff ok?

So in a sense you feel in some way that the "type" gun is to blame for the actions, either in part or completely, for if this gun did not exist, or any guns like it, crimes with these type of guns would cease to happen.

BTW the LA boys had full autos, completely illegal, laws prohibit them everywhere unless you have Class III license, have been approved by BATF for the fully auto, and even more, CA law prohibited the bank robber from having large capacity magazines, a step further, it's illegal to shoot in public, rob a bank, kill people, shoot at cops.

So how was it possible the LA boys did what they did? I mean
    the stuff was banned!

See my point? Restricting or banning the item does nothing to stop the criminal or insane from doing something,

How about this, you cannot be raped unless a penis is involved ergo penis's are the tool, and therefore all penis must be banned from use except for procreation or relief of bladder. Otherwise all penis's must be removed, kept in a secure safe, and only taken out for reproductive purposes, and you must apply for a permit to do so, of course there will be a limit on length, width and amount of uses.

I do support an IQ test for penis reproductive use... :roflmao:
  2. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

Read the title~!
    We are disscussing "Gun Control".
    Your black powder gun statement = stupid.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

It's still semi auto for sale to the public and no different than Colts, S&W or others used of legal legitimate use in target shooting, plinking, competition, home defense, general shooting and hunting. If you don't use one for those purposes than you probably don't need one. They have along with other guns have been flying off the shelves of gun stores. I do believe that every gun owner should keep their guns locked in a safe especially with children in the house.
  4. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

You guys are really talking stupid now.
    I'm signing off now guys, are are getting ridiculas.
  5. FLHTbiker

So now you are calling me stupid, that was below the belt dude and taken personal don't do that again. We don't resort to that here.
  6. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

You don't need a .223 for plinking. lol
  7. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

Sorry but I call 'em like I see 'em.
    BTW, I was calling your statement stupid, not you.
  8. hotroadking

Well that's a pretty solid logical retort...

You know we don't think less of ya, my point was to show how
    blaming the item for the carnage has become the prototypical response
    of people and there is some logic in the reasoning,

When you consider that you cannot in this case take action against
    the kid or mother because they are both dead people feel they need to
    take some kind of action or they feel powerless. In this case they are misdirected
    into taking the tool or object and placing their anger or ire, it's called transference, when you can't take out your anger on the one you are mad at, you focus it on someone else or something else.

If this kid had blown the school up with fertilizer and diesel fuel
    in a 5 gallon can, would you be callng for the banning of 5 gallon buckets
    or registration of the sale of fertilizer, permits for diesel gas purchase

Of course not, you'd realize the act was done by an insane person
    and the argument would be on the real subject, after the press tore
    apart his family, the history, and degraded his family on tv for all to see
    we'd agree he was nuts and nothing would have stopped him.

But it's a gun he used and by god it's the problem..
  9. FLHTbiker

My statement was legit and I am not stupid or is my statement and resent your name calling. There has been in the past many who have even tried banning black powder guns because of the access to black powder and explosive making material, so rethink your comment.:mad:
  10. hotroadking

Yeah I do LOL it's friggin fun, expensive but fun.

I prefer to look at want to and my right to vs need to, I don't need a gun at all I don't need to go to the range at all, I don't need my sig 522 full tactical 22 LR, don't need all the other Iv'e got,

In reality a 5 shot 38 wheel guns all you need
    or a kel-tec pocket rocket 380...

My point is I'm not illegal, I don't go around doing illegal things
    with my guns, so why restrict me based on the actions of someone
    else.
  11. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

The dude that killed all the people in Conn. I heard he got pissed cause his mom was gonna have him put in a place.

And it shouldn't be anybodys right to tell me if I can have a 223 to deer hunt with or what I do with it.
    How does Obama know the majority of the folks want a band. Is he just listening to the Democrats. If you look at the democrats in office they all want a band.
    This place we call America is starting to Sux.
    We got folks that think they know what is best for me without ask'n me.
    They think they should deceide whatis best on weather or not I have any rights or not.
    They think they should deceide everything for me. And pass laws.
    They mearly do not look at the problem. They look around the problem at something else.
    If I got my foot cut open, don't doctor my foot. Check to see if I've got a headache and see how to treat my headache.
  12. cardboard

13. FLHTbiker

Well I just picked up a another gun today. All the AR style guns sold out even the ones around 1700. Picked up a extended clip to. The wait is real long today, phone lines are jammed with guys and gals buying guns. The place was so packed you hardly had a place to stand. The news media was in there filming and interviewing . Guy asked me and told him no interview and shut the camera off. I told him he better keep his story positive and no negative crap. He said he got permission from the shop owner.
  14. cardboard

Why should you limit my rights.
    I have a military rifle and I take the wife out and we shoot it.
    I know people that has 14yr old kids .
    They take their kids out and they shoot it in competition.

You need to think about what you said.

Its my right. Not your right to limit my rights.
    I haven't done anything wrong. Why punish me.
  15. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Tommy, as one sworn for life (retired military officer) to preserve and defend the Constitution of these United States, I feel it is my duty to inform you that the 2nd Ammendment to the Constitution delineates the right of all citizens to be armed to preserve their other rights. A cursory or close study of the original intent of this ammendment (foremost in Madison's and Jefferson's writings) is that citizens are entitled to be armed so that they may defend themselves not just against foreign governments or criminals, but as a bulwark against any tyranical government, including our own if it became so.

It is my duty (and arguably, all citizens' duty) to be prepared for such action. The fact that so many are prepared - with "military grade" arms - is what has kept tyrants from usurping our rights for over 200 years.

Another little known fact - military rifles and pistols are generally far less lethal than your average hunting rifle, as they are lower caliber and are loaded with full metal jacket ammo (usually - I know the exceptions). Your average civilian deer hunting ammo is designed to kill quick, not wound, and no one I know would consider FMJ for self-defense, except against persons wearing body armor or attacking from vehicles.

Finally, as to weapons such as a .50 Cal Barrett or similar rifle, they should remain legal. The rational line of thought is weapons of indiscriminate warfare (full auto weapons, grenades, explosive warhead types) should be regulated and limited. I think I covered the "why would anyone.." part, but let me address that another way:

Why would anyone ever need to ride a motorcycle?

Or why would anyone need freedom? It is so inefficient and messy, after all.
  16. cardboard

Women are walkin into gun stores in Houston and buying Assault rifles for any price they can find them for. They said they want a assault rifle so they can protect themselves and their family before its too late.

Gun Sales Up - Katie Pavlich
  17. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

18. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

I agree with Red, HRK, CB, and everyone else who believes in the second admendment. My signature line is the exact reason to have the right to posess any weapon our enemies may posses, and is why America is still this best country in the world to live in, despite the fact the BO and his flunkies are trying their best to destroy it. JMHO:gah:
  19. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

+1
  20. FLHTbiker

I am not going to argue with anyone on here anymore or other places about my second amendment right as it is mine and other Americans right to own any legal firearm that we choose to. That is our 2nd amendment right.
    I went back after 3 hours and they were just finishing mine up. Piles and piles of new guns in bags and boxes waiting to be picked up. I watched several guys buying M&P, AR15, the Bushmaster like the one used in the school shooting buying with Cash. People are really worried BO is going to restrict their constitutional right. There were women in the gun shop today buying guns, its their right to. The banning of these rifles based on there look is bull. I think BO is feeling pressure now from several anti gun groups and probably feeling the need to stop violence. Where is the right answer well that is another discussion.