1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Gun Control

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Dec 17, 2012.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Red said it all & very well 1+ does anyone lnow how long the weapons sat around without hurting anyone untill the kid with mentel problums picked it up?
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I don't think we will ever know the facts about that. However, a Fox News report tonight said that it is speculated that his mother was wanting to put him into a mental facility and he found out about it. It was said that when he probably found out about it that he shot her and here is the one that really blew me away was and they are speculating on this also but I kind of go along with the thinking of it and that it this. She spent a lot of time with those kids and he resented them for receiving her attention and then she was going to send him to a mental institution. He probably wanted revenge on them for the attention they were getting. It's really a hard thing to even comprehend as to him wanting to hurt those kids but he had to be one really bad mental case to do that, but I think we can all agree that yes he was.
    So they blame it on the gun and resort to the mentality that by banning the guns that, that will solve the problem. Guess again.
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Like I was saying. They don't want to address the problem.
    They want to go around the problem and blame it on something else.
    I been watching this for years not. Trying to figure out why they are going out of their way to blame things on something else.
    What has happened to people. Why are they brain washed so easily.:mad:
  4. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
    In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. >From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were round...ed up and exterminated
    In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total
    of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
    China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated
    Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
    You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.
    Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
    Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
    The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.
    With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.
    During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!
    If you value your freedom, please spread this antigun-control message to all of your friends.
    SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!
    SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.
    SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!
    DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.
    Spread the word everywhere you can that you are a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment!

It's time to speak loud before they try to silence and disarm us.
    You're not imagining it, history shows that governments always manipulate tragedies to attempt to disarm the people~
  5. cardboard

6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I am hold right now 10 min to upgrade to Lifetime Membership.

BTW facts regarding the shooting by the insane murderer

1) He was mentally ill, family knew, did nothing about it for 20 years
    2) CT has the 4th toughest gun laws in the country - didn't help
    3) He tried to buy a gun prior at Dicks Sporting Goods and got denied - the laws worked
    4) He killed his mother to steal her legally purchased guns
    5) He stole his mothers guns
    6) He drove illegally with illegal guns in his car
    7) He went to a school where the law prohibits guns (and ironically law abiding school employees cannot carry and protect)
    8) He killed people, adults and kids - that is illegal.

This was a murderer who was insane and hell bent on not
    going into a mental institution and decided to take his moms life
    others lives, make some kind of statement and killed himself, coward.

Carry everywhere screw the government they will not be there to
    protect you.

The laws in force didn't work, so what more laws?
    Do they really think another law and this guy would have
    said, Holy shidt if I do this I'll break that final law, no I'll stay home"
  7. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

Thank you for your service to our country.
    I don't think the american civilains would be able to supress a tyranical US goverment/military if it ever came to that. It might have been a good idea 200 years ago but it's not realistic now.
    Here's a crazy question, being retired miliatry which side would you support if a civil war broke out in this country, goverment/military or civilian?
  8. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

If you are not a member of the NRA, join now because we need our only voice to be heard now more than ever! If anybody thinks guns kill people than mine must be defective because they haven't killed anybody and I've had some of them for over 30 years.
  9. cardboard

I just joined NRA
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Just upped mine to Lifetime
  11. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

Are you going to go out and buy yerself a Terminator 3000 fully automatic, gernade launching, flame throwing, super-soaking, sniper platform?
    Don't forget the optional non-choked, 3 right twisted, sawed-off .50 caliber black powder, slug pumper~!
    Be careful you don't put someone's eye out with the sucker.
  12. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

I don't have one so may have to check it out before you can't get 1.:D
  13. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

I saw a guy shooting at an indoor range with an AR15 with match barrel, sound supressor, bi-pod, flashing green strobelight, red dot heads up quick scope, 30 round mag and collapsable stock and pistol grip.
    He wasn't strong enough to unscrew the supressor of the end of the barrel.
    He's prolly one of those doomsday preppers waiting for the zombie attack.
    That was funny.
  14. cardboard

If I had the money I would do the lifetime in a Heartbeat.

Thank YOU for joining for Life.
    They really need our support.
  15. FLHTbiker

I've been a member sense getting back from Vietnam and out of the service back in 1972. CB, glad you finally joined up.
    HRK, what type grenade launching flame throwing piece did you pick up, CB and I want one like you got. Maybe a bunch of us could do a group buy. :D
  16. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Just got back form the gun store, Sportsmens Warehouse.
    Last Friday I was in buying a Ruger LC9 just before all the stuff went down in Connecticut it took me about 45 - 60 minutes to purchase 2 guns and out the door, I also bought a Ruger SR 22 LR to teach the Ol how to shoot, and cause I like 22's. Today we went to get another 9mm and the line was like 10 people deep, we waited our turn picked out the one we wanted (I wanted) filled out the paper work, 3 day wait cause there are 6,000 people ahead of us waiting for their back ground check to clear. That's just in Colorado, the gun factories got to be happy. No 9mm ammo in the store, next time I'll get 10 boxes.
  17. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Your question, while valid, is the wrong question. The real question is which side in a USA civil war is acting in accordance to their Constitutional rights &/or obligations. That is the side I - and thousands of other veterans and law enforcement officer - would be on.

Ever hear of this org? Oath Keepers Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic;)
  18. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I have never felt the need to own a gun for most of my life. It wasn't because of any particular political stance but I just have never felt threatened enough to where I thought I needed to own one despite the many friends that I have that have mini arsenals in their homes. (Legally). I bought my first gun about 8 years ago and now have three. The reason I bought them is for hunting purposes but I ended up knocking my wife up so I was never able to go hunting. I have the shotguns under lock and key and they haven't been fired for about three years now.

Lately, even before this terrible school shooting I have been thinking that I want to get a CCW for the state of Minnesota. My reason for this is because since my wife will be traveling with me that I will need something a little more persuasive if the need for me to defend her should arise on my trip to visit Red Rider. I do not feel that is right for any government to restrict the ownership of firearms, especially in today's times when our own court systems do not uphold laws. Too much gray has been able to find its way into the system.

Recent events have made it even more evident and has convinced me that taking guns away or restricting them any further is exactly the WRONG thing to do. People who want to cause such harm always seem to go the places where they know nobody will firing back at them. Pretty simple logic to follow, IF YOU ALLOW PEOPLE TO ARM THEMSELVES PEOPLE WILL FEAR RETALIATION AND NOT PULL THE TRIGGER. Pretty simple to me..
  19. FLHTbiker

JB, if you do buy a handgun please do take some training classes for both you and your wife. You may have some training preciously but it never hurts to brush up.
  20. cardboard

Called Academy over n Houston by where the wife is.
    Talked to they about the XDM 3.8 compact. He said he had 2 in stock. Had the OL there within 30 minutes or less. No Springfield XDM 3.8 compact.