1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Gutting mufflers

Discussion in 'Projects' started by cowboy, Mar 9, 2010.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

sarge7 yes it will give me enough back pressure , because the baffles fit in the end of the header pipe & the difference between the old style lollpop style is the pipe around it in the big city thunder
  2. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

I have 4" SE touring mufflers which I gutted and put in BCT Head pipe baffles like the ones pictured above on my 09 Ultra and I am very happy with the results. Better acceleration, it has gotten rid of the little hesitation I had before when I would twist WFO. To gut muffler I removed endcap and used a 3" hole saw to cut area around baffle and remove everything in 1 clean step.
  3. cowboy

Mine have the tappered end size down from the main part of the pipe , so the plates would not come right out , so had to cut them down to size & come out the smaller end
  4. cowboy

did the muffler swap today after getting back from a short ride with the wife let cool a bot then changed them out sound's good to me & my grandson , he help me do the swap