1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

H.o.g.

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Dec 21, 2011.

1. traveler4717

traveler4717 Active Member

Is that your 9th grade year book picture JB? ;)
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Yeah, the awkward years....;):roflmao:
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

just needs a german helmet & setting on a road glide :roflmao:
  4. JohnnyBiker

I have those.... ;):roflmao::roflmao:
  5. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Only 2 things'll make ya grin like that - good sex or a ride on yer Harley!
  6. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

I hope the new pic is not proof man has had sex with farm animals.:eek:
  7. traveler4717

traveler4717 Active Member

I like the new pic. Could go for one of those right now. Glad you got past the braces! :roflmao:
  8. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Minniesoda winters are long and cold dontcha know!
  9. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Ya mean stump broke ... :eek: :eek: :roflmao:
  10. JohnnyBiker

today was a pretty cool day. I went to my dealership and sat in on a H.O.G. meeting. During the meeting, I had the pleasure of talking to the owner of St. Paul Harley Davidson and Wild Prairie Harley Davidson. I chatted with him for about ten minutes. Hey Lucifer, by the way, Tom says thank you for purchasing parts through St. Paul Harley Davidson's web site. :cool: At the end of the meeting, I decided to join as there are a lot of people that belong to that chapter that just want to ride.

Anyways, just wanted to briefly share my enthusiasm.
  11. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Anyways, just wanted to briefly share my enthusiasm.[/QUOTE]

That's good and glad you found a good one to join. The new women chapter director in ours is right on course for its distruction. Guys have already started quitting and men road captains are running. The dealer owner has got himself in a real fix. :angry:
  12. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good to here you found a good group , I tried to set in on one years ago , most of them at that time seemed to have there nose to far on the air for me
  13. JohnnyBiker

There was a little bit of that there, but not a lot. I just talked to the people that wanted to talk to me. I spent most of the night talking to the owner of the two dealerships and a couple of Road Captains.

ATTENTION!!! Last night I was chatting with my parts guy and he offered me a sweet deal on a 95" kit, well, maybe just the cylinders and pistons. He said that he would sell me the kit and buy back the cams and the air cleaner kit. Total price would be just under $550. If anyone is interested in this let me know by PM and we will talk.
  14. JohnnyBiker

I liked the fact that out Chapter opens the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance. One thing that really caught my attention is they have this training that is really cool. The training had to deal with accident scene management. Sounded like something that is good to have. It also sounds like this Chapter is really safe as well. No accidents in a very long time, with any of its members. :D
  15. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

"The women that was appointed by the dealer....". All our Primary Officers are by election.
  16. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Welcome to the group JB and HR. It's a GREAT group of folks and my wife and I enjoy it tremendously!:D:D
    Danny
  17. FLHTbiker

Our dealer owns the chapter and he alone appoints who he wants in the position. Sucks, this women is already destroying it. Like I said in a earlier post many are quitting. She even disolved the Ladies of Harley group in favor of her own little womens riding group she calls thee motor queens.

Maddog and I and maybe Olbill may wonder over to another chapter for there next chapter meeting.
  18. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

JMO but I gave up my memebership years ago. Met a lot of great people, but my issue was this. HOG collects 50-60 million dollars a year in memebership dues. About 10% of this goes to the MD charity. Any rally you go too, whether state of national, you have to pay for the rally. Then there's the hotel accomadations. With the big events a company comes in and buys up all the hotel rooms in 50 mile radius and jacks the price up 2-3 times the regular cost.

When I asked the chapter president where all this money is going, he said HOG spends it to set up the rallys. Wrote a letter to HOG to get an answer from them, they didn't respond. So if they are in fact spending all the millions they collect from members for these rallies, why do the members have to pay to go to them. I can understand paying for your own lodging, but I don't understand paying 50-80 bucks a person just to go to a rally when your using member dues to put on the rally.

If you are collecting that amount of money from members of your organization, I think you should be obligated to tell them what their money is being spent on. And as I said, HOG would not respond to my letter. Not trying to deter anyone from being a member, it's just not for me.
  19. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

As our chapter sees it, the Chapter and the dealership are supposed to be complimentary of eachother. One should be supportive of the other and not possessive. A good chapter can help to bring in customers - sell motorcycles.
  20. FLHTbiker

I agree but not happening here aymore, used to be that way with the last chapter director. We picked up applications for anothern chapter today.