1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

H.o.g.

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Dec 21, 2011.

1. olbill

olbill Active Member

what do you mean MAYBE talked to Bob today he is getting fed up also.

OLBill
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I meant up with Maddog today took the wife to the Motor Queens meeting at the dealer. You should have seen her, parading around with her head stuck up. She looked like a rooster in drag. :rolleyes:
    Man our chapter is in real trouble. Got a call tonight from an old member and he even heard about the crap this new women director is doing.
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

It's a shame what's happening at your chapter, FLHT. I've heard that H.O.G. is a pretty good organization overall. What happened to the democratic process of members voting for their officers? Sounds like you have a dictator running things!
  4. FLHTbiker

He is exactly that a dictator. He put together a select group to select those individuals that would be good candidates for the chapter. They came up with several individuals and gave the list to him. He then in a surprise move told them that this is my chapter and I will do what I want. He then appointed this women to the position. She has not been in her position very long and first thing she did was to kill the Ladies of Harley and put her motor queens group in place instead.
    She is the kind of person that uses people and when she has no more use for them she dumps them and then won't even acknowledge them.
    A bunch of the chapter Road Captains have left the chapter including the lead Road Captain and she appointed one of her followers in place.
    She won't last and is going to have a lot of problems.
  5. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Just Advertise for that dealer. Let your biker friends know what a P--k he is. My local dealer is paying the price for bad word of mouth advertising. He's LOADED with new bikes. Nobody will go there. He'll surelly be selling franchise soon. Gone are the days when riders would stop by just to have a destination. Now They'll ride a couple hrs. to other dealers. Sc--w him.!!! :cussing::mad::angry:
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

what happened with the dealer that caused him to have such a bad rep?
  7. charlie46

Man the list was endless. Warrenty work took forever to schedule. Some warrenty jobs he was charging people for. Service dept.was a dissaster. Would'nt budge on prices. Sales people would talk to customers as if you were stupid. Overall attitude of everyone in the place. Any parts you needed would have to be ordered after you pay up front. For me the straw was broken fairing bracketts they would'nt warrenty. Imagine your driving yoy car and a fender falls off,wouldnt you expaect car company would fix it? 'Tried getting a S.E.compensator,"we just sold the last one,will order u one if you pay now. Same story for almost any part. EVeryone is now ordering everything online. I ordered a battery today, $98 free dellivery,no tax.H-D wants $170. They're whole attitude is out of touch with reallity.:witsend:
  8. FLHTbiker

I will give him this and that is his service dept A Plus. They have a great service manager and some really good techs. Some of the sales people well lets just say they ain't there for you. Understand they all got to make a living but the back butting in there will cause me to buy elsewhere. Parts dept is OK but won't give any breaks for being a member of HOG.
  9. charlie46

Dont get me wrong. I want everyone to be able to earn. That includes paying a fare price for something I need, plus the convienence of being able to walk into a H-D and get what I need. But nowadays you feel like a number not a Customer. This place was recently sold,I'm told to a wealthy lawyer. The previous owner must have had plans to sell for a while 'cause the treatment started while he was still there. The sales people make NO salery now, just commission. This is a BIG place I'm talking about. People are traveling far from Palm bay to purchase Harley's. No Wonder !
  10. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

JohnnyBiker was just telling me that the H.O.G. chapter that he just joined was number 1 in the country in raising money for the USO out of 650 chapters in the country.
  11. FLHTbiker

I'm glad to see your still posting here. :) What was the amount they raised?
  12. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Um, I am not sure. He will find that out at the next meeting. There will be dignitaries at the meeting and having a huge dinner too.
  13. FLHTbiker

Sounds like a good chapter, you should get a baby sitter and go with him, :)

I should also add that you ca take the kids with you to. We have people that bring their kids.
  14. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I think I might go with on the next one. The oldest daughter is our babysitter! Got to love that. :D
  15. JohnnyBiker

Today HR and I are actually going to be able to make a H.O.G. meeting. Ever since we have joined we ahve been just blasted with looking for a different house. We are going to take the bike and of course HR is going to be on the back. We are getting ready to go on a couple of chapter rides. I am pretty excited for that. I am kind of curious how the large group rides are. As of now, I really only ride with three or less bikes.
  16. JohnnyBiker

Tonight was my first meeting as a chapter member. I will have to say that this meeting was really good. I would say there were about 100 members present tonight and we introduced 11 new members. We discussed a lot of things at tonight's meeting, especially the upcoming rides. There are probably 5 rides that I will be going on here in the next month, I have to put miles on so why not?:D
  17. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

That dealer in Palm Bay was going under, other
    dealer is running it but doesn't own it, at least that
    was the word on the street, big closed car dealer next door
    one of the big boutiques the dealers had to build under
    HD's big years of sales to keep rolling..

Nice shop, great cookies for free LOL

Like the covered bike parking up front, I think
    the employees know it's on the edge, hard to
    keep morale up..
  18. JohnnyBiker

:confused::confused:

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
  19. charlie46

Had many dealings with THAT Dealer(SpaceCoast H-D). Bought 2 bikes there. Customer service (whitch wasn't good to begin with) completely dissappeared with the new owners. All new staff worried about their jobs. Won't deal with them again. Absolutelly no customer appreciation. Every body in these parts travels to Orlando.
  20. JohnnyBiker

Well, I have to say that I think that H.O.G. Sucks!!! I think that I say that because I simply am too far away from the chapter and that because of my work schedule, I can't participate in a lot of the activities that are put on. That and I think that there are just way too many people joining the chapter every month. Along with this, I think that I am discovering that I much rather ride alone (of course with Hot Rider) or just a couple of other people. Although I do think that I will keep my membership active and attend meetings because I get MVP points for attending, those are valuable when they add up. :D