1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

H.o.g.

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Dec 21, 2011.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah heard that, do you go to Downtown or East or Kissississississississimmemmmemme? :D

Jake the SM at East Orlando is a friend for many years, used to be SM at Scott Smith before it became Seminole, nice guy, good guy takes care of the LEO in the area.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:wtf: so because it's to far away from you and with your work schedule means it sucks :confused:
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

It just isn't for me. What turned me off almost instantly was that they stress "No Drinking!" Makes sense to me, then they have rides with destinations like Whiskey Junction. I think that they (HOG) does a lot of good things, but just not for me.
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Whiskey Junction isn't a nice place?
  5. FLHTbiker

A destination ride means the ride is over at the destination. There is not a organized chapter ride back. No drinking means during the chapter ride no drinking is allowed. Can't control what people do after its over. I have been on the same type of rides with a destination point and then some drink a beer or several more with their lunch. I don't and don't choose to ride back with those that drink. Sometimes several of us will make our own ride back. All the HOG chapter is, is a place to socialize with others of like interests. Meet new people make new friends. Some like it some don't. Sometimes it gets to political, then it's time to leave like I did with the old chapter. We do both, ride with just good friends and sometimes with the chapter.
  6. JohnnyBiker

It is a huge biker bar in Minneapolis. My point is that Whiskey Junction is watering hole. Bring a cow to the troth but expect it not to drink... That is my issue, they are encouraging drinking and riding rather than discouraging it.
  7. FLHTbiker

Say something then don't be a flower on the wall which I know you are not.:)
  8. JohnnyBiker

Not sure what you are trying to say....:confused::confused:
  9. JohnnyBiker

To me it just isn't very responsible for a chapter to even go to a place that advocates drinking in any way. Kind of a stupid way to release yourself from responsibility. "Hey, the ride was over." What a crock of shiit.. If one is serious about not drinking and riding, then don't even lead the child to the candy store...JMO I take motorcycling very serious and to even tempt a rider to drink and ride to me is irresponsible.

P.S. You are wrong about the organized ride back. I am going on ride this weekend and it is an overnight ride to where it is part of the actual ride as we are returning home because the rout is different.
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Local dealers chapter has a motto

We are a Drinking club
    with a Motorcycle problem...
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, I'm in! :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  12. FLHTbiker

Say something to your chapter direct about it and why, don't be a flower on the wall and say nothing's :gah:

If you don't like the fact that an overnight has alcohol so what, are they drunk the next day when they leave. Go have a few beers with em in the evening, enjoy yourself, get to know a few of em and don't be a snob. Then ride home with sober riders.
  13. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

just something else to complain, whine, moan, bitch, about.
    I'm glad HOG an't for everybody.
  14. JohnnyBiker

I did this morning...
  15. FLHTbiker

:D yep
  16. JohnnyBiker

I have to say that I was so very wrong about HOG. Riding with these guys and gals was a GREAT way to spend a birthday. I have made so many new friends in one day, it is just unreal.

FLHT, you were right. Thank you.
    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
  17. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Welcome to the club and to the family!:D
    Danny
  18. JohnnyBiker

Thank You. I had so much fun it was like i knew these people all my life. I really enjoyed the time.:D

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
  19. FLHTbiker

I knew that once you just let your hair down that you would have a good time. :D
  20. JohnnyBiker

This ride that Hot Rider and I went on was a GREAT one!! Many many twisties higher elevation climbs and fast descents. I have heard so much about the guy's reputation for fabulous roads. He didn't disappoint! I will have pictures up later. Really tired at the moment.