1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Handy Crafty

Discussion in 'Projects' started by SPORSTERBOY, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Man she look's like she set's real nice , I sure like that wide Glide front end look . , Have you look into the bigger sporty tank? There 4.5 gal , should fit your frame & give that fatter look
  2. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

THOUGHT ABOUT IT, I COULD CUT THE CHOPPER TANK I GOT DOWN, BUT DECIDED IT WASN'T WORTH THE EFFERT. PLUS AFTER THAT FRONT END I DON'T THINK THE OL'LADY IS DOWN WITH ME SPENDING MUCH MORE MONEY:roflmao: I'M TRYING TO SELL OFF SOME OF THE OLD STUFF FOR THE EXTRA $ NOW. I KINDA LIKE THE STOCK TANK, KINDA KEEPS THE SHAPE SYMETRICAL. IF I GET THE FRONT TO BEEFY THEN I'LL MAKE THE REAR TIRE LOOK EVEN SMALLER. MADE A SEAT MOUNT BRACKET LAST NIGHT. TOOK SOME 1"X1/2" CUT 2 PIECES WITH 35 DEG ANGLES, DRILLED AND TAPED SOME 5/16 HOLES, PUT BOLTS IN, THEN PLUG WELDED THEM, THEN WELDED THE SIDE PIECES ON, HAVEN'T GOT TO WELDING IT TO THE FRAME YET.

Attached Files:

3. cowboy

Look's nice , just besure to run the rear tire a bit soft by a few lbs better ride on them hard tails with spring seat's :D
  4. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Sissy Bar Mock Up I Started, Plus Another View Of The Other Side Of The Bike. Gonna Drill The Holes For The Tube To Mount The Tank Tomorrow, But The Sissy Bar And Fender Is Gonna Be A Take And Fit Back And Forth To Work Deal. Still Looking For A Kickstand Idia.

Attached Files:

5. cowboy

kick stand , what ain't you putting air bag's on it :roflmao: Sissy bar look's good ,
  6. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

HYDROLIC LIFTS WOULD BE NICE, NOT IN THE BUDGET MAYBE ONEDAY:roflmao: MOUNTED THE TANK, AND REAR BRAKE STOP, GOT THE IDEA THAT I WOULD CUT OF THE OLD MOUNT FOR THE KICKSTAND AND SEE IF IT WOULD WORK. AT MY SURPRIZE IT DID, EVEN PUT THE OLD KICK STAND ON AND DIDN'T HAVE TO CUT THE LENGTH OF IT, DID MAKE A BOO BOO AND DIDN'T COMPENSATE FOR THE KICKSTAND PUSHING UP, SO I JUST PUT A LITTLE WELD ON THE MOUNT IN THE HOLE, WORKED GOOD, DIDN'T WANT TO CUT THE MOUNT BACK OFF. FINISH UP THAT REAR FENDER AND I'M READY TO TEAR DOWN FOR PAINT.

Attached Files:

7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

just a thought .....try moving the stand back twards the rear of the bike, similar to a big dog. you really dont have any leaning room with the setup ya got now.......over all the bike looks killer!!!!!!!!!!
  8. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

:eek: DANG that thing is LOW!!!!!!. I can see what Chuck is saying about lean room. That rascal would drag at nothing. You surely couldn't live in WV and ride that above 5mph LOL.

CRAP forgot the important part.

THAT IS ONE SHARP RIDE. I can't wait to see the final on it. I would give alot of thought to leaving the tank and clearing the rear and just ride it as is. With all you have done to this point I am sure the paint will be a real eyecatcher too.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  9. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

THE LEAN IS REALLY DECIEVING IN THE PICTURE, IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S ABOUT TO FALL OVER WHEN STANDING NEXT TO IT. I PUT IT SO FAR UP FRONT BECAUSE THATS THE FURTHEST POINT FROM THE GROUND, IF I WENT ANY FURTHER TO THE BACK IT WOULD SCRAPE. WHEN I PUT THE STAND UP IT GO'S UP HIGHER THAN THE FRAME. THE ONLY THING THAT GOES BELOW THE FRAME ABOUT 1/4" IS THE SPRING CONECTER TO THE MOUNT. BUT YES IT IS REAL LOW, HAS TO BE WHAT PAUGHCO INTENDED, ALL I CAN SEE TO DO IS GET A TALLER REAR TIRE. MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO RIDE THIS SEASON ANYWAY, GOTTA GO TO A SUSPENTION HEARING IN A COUPLE WEEKS:fight: :cussing: :witsend: :angry:
    WHATS REAL FUNNY IS THEY PREDRILL 1/2 HOLES FOR THE SISSY BAR TO HOLD UP A FENDER.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  10. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

HERE'S SOME PICS OF PAUGHCOS SPORTY, BASICLY THE SAME FRAME BUT FOR A IRON HEAD SEE HOW LOW IT SITS, THAT KICK STAND LOOKS LIKE A DRAGER:roflmao:

Attached Files:

11. cowboy

Look's good so far , just becareful on left turn's at first , till you see just how low can you go :cool:
  12. chucktx

what i was reffering to was to mount the stand on the part of the frame where it turns up twards the rear wheel.....but, if your happy i love it!!!! again a nice job you have done!!!!:)
  13. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Looks sweet.....have fun tryin to turn that baby!! :roflmao: My buddy's got a rigid chopper he wanted me to buy but I can't ride the damn thing.....you can't turn it!! Just sitting on it you need to hold the front end straight cuz it flops over to one side or the other!! BTW, that bike is for sale, pretty cheap actually. I'll get some pics and post it in the for sale section for him.
  14. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

New Pic

Attached Files:

15. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

looking sweet!!
  16. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

:cheers: Very Nice
  17. SkyKing

SkyKing New Member

Looks Good:D

I haven't read many posts for a while, and I know you must have solved your custom bolt problem, but...I needed extra long, fully threaded fine thread bolts for a recent project on my Bike. I went to a local bolt/nut/hardware supplier and they just went to their supplier and had me 4 custom made. Took 2 weeks and they cost $4 each, but it was well worth it. ;) Maybe next time.

Ride like the wind
  18. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Heres Some More Pic's, Still Needs The Front Fender And Brake, But I Started Ride'n It Today.

Attached Files:

19. Brandersnatch

Brandersnatch New Member

20. chucktx

wow, that is sitting nice!!!!!!!!!! how does it handle????