1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Happy New Year

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jan 1, 2011.

1. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Rained off and on most of the day so I stayed home - and put some new chome on the bike - derby cover and tour pak hinges for starts. Got a front fender spear and some mid frame heat deflector trims to put on now. Temp is supposed to warm gradually tomorrow through the week so I hope to get that done. Todays projects went surprisingly well. Almost made me feel uneasy, like I missed something.............
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

It was a good time but it was really cold, my toes felt like they were going to fall off. Think some heated socks may be in order.
  3. FLHTbiker

You put those new chrome hinges on, if so there pretty nice. I did it to mine about a month ago.
  4. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Holy cow! Mac the Wife says: Why does anybody live up there? We had about 10" of snow a week ago and now it's all gone with temps in the mid 60's. Crazy weather around here. Seen a couple of bikers on the road yesterday.
  5. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Had the polar bear run yesterday with 375 bikes and a couple of cagers trailing along - Temps in the low 40's so the ride was short - Hot choc and chili wating at the HD shop when we got back. Everybody seemed to have a good time.
  6. FLHTbiker

Your dealer was open yesterday, shoot ours is closed for the holiday weekend and won't open again until Tuesday
  7. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Got the hinges put on and like 'em. Enlisted my wife to help support the lid when I was mounting it to the hardware. She's a great help. Told her I might keep her on as steady help. She probably don't feel the same about my potential in the kitchen. :D Going to get out and ride in a bit since the sun is out and it's supposed to get up in the mid 40's.
  8. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Sounds like a great time. Even short rides are good.:D:D:D
  9. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

My regular dealer is closed all this week for inventory plus they close the first week of the year anyhow but there are a coupleof m ore dealers that are not very much further so tha can make for a good ride - if the weathers' not too-o-o-o-o cold:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  10. FLHTbiker

Man, if we could afford it we would have a winter home in southern Arizona. Already tired of 20 degree days. I know Bob and others up north have it worse but I could not live there either. Tired of my toes feeling like there gonna fall off when I go for a ride and tired of felling like the Michelin man with all the cloths you gotta wear for winter. Oh well enough bitching spring is around the corner and it could be worse I could live in Wisconsin. :roflmao:
  11. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

We have two dealers in our town and both have HOG chapters which are very active year round. I don't belong to HOG at either place but I do go to the events they do cause our local ABATE chapter is a lame duck in the winter and even in the summer they don't do much around this area. Have to travel 25 to 50 miles just to get to the events put on by them. Not a bad organzation but the leadership is old and doggin it.
    The Polar bear run is about the only Jan. actitivty that happens around here. But it is a fun thing to do unless the road conditions are lousy.
  12. FLHTbiker

Sarge7 we have belonged to our HOG chapter sense 2001 and have really enjoyed it. Meant a lot of good friends there and good riding friends. I think belonging to our chapter has really enriched our life. I know some HOG chapters are not as great or don't do much but its all what you want out of it and put into it. We have done a lot of riding with the chapter.
  13. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Here's the finished product for the hinges - at least at this point.

Attached Files:

14. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Put a new Primary Cover on too.

Attached Files:

15. FLHTbiker

Yep those are the same hinges I put on, there not only better looking but stronger as well.

So where did you get that primary cover?
  16. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i like the hinges......love the primary cover........hope ya give us a hint where ya got it!!! lol lol
  17. FLHTbiker

Its interesting, I just received a new J&P Cycles catalog in the mail today and there is that cover. :)
  18. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

19. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

What years do the hinges fit?
  20. FLHTbiker

They fit all the touring bikes that have those ugly aluminum hinges.